Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Neighbourhood Plan

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Neighbourhood Plan

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2019 : 11:51:19      reply with quote

The planning inspectorate report: Report to the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council and
Report on the Examination of the Local Plan for the Bradford District Core Strategy Development Plan Document (adopted)
also outlines the following:

171. Some participants sought higher apportionments for Steeton and Thornton, since these are sustainable and accessible settlements, which might have the capacity to accommodate more growth. However, the latest SHLAA confirms that, whilst there are sufficient potential housing sites to meet the proposed apportionments, higher levels of development would probably involve greater loss of Green Belt land and/or development in flood risk areas. Some compare Steeton with Silsden, but these settlements have different characteristics, with the latter having more facilities, more potential land available without using Green Belt, and easy access to the railway station at Steeton.

The reasons that I will not be supporting any adoption of The proposed Neighbourhood Plan are as follows:
The recognition that Silsden and Steeton with Eastburn have very different characteristics, reasons which I have previously highlighted to the committee, but being ignored.

I think that we are two distinct communities, separated visibly by the river, its flood plain and its valley sides. Silsden is also a hub, supporting the Wharfedale side of the valley, (this is also pointed out in the document, item 170)..whereas Steeton with Eastburn obviously isn't, due to its location.

There are many other reasons which I also feel that the joint neighbourhood plan is distinctly wrong. This is being pushed as a money making scheme to boost input for the Town Council spending, but the way the development money is to be calculated is suggested to change.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2019 : 15:08:17      reply with quote

FROM THE KEIGHLEY NEWS

Residents of Silsden, Steeton and Eastburn are being urged to have a say on the three communitiesí joint Neighbourhood Plan.

The highly-detailed plan, which will guide development in the three communities over the next few years, was put out to public consultation this week.

Residents and local organisations have six weeks to make comments and suggestions for changes before the plan is revised.

After this, the referendum will be held in Silsden, Steeton and Eastburn when residents can vote whether not to accept the final version.

The plan was prepared by parish and town councillors from the three communities over many months of meetings.

Residents were able to make suggestions in the early stages, and a wide range of organisations and public bodies were also given a chance to influence the plan.

Bradford Council is running the consultation. Copies of the draft Neighbourhood Plan are available at Silsden Library, and Steeton and Eastburn post offices, or can be seen online at bradford.gov.uk.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

12/09/2019 : 21:16:28      reply with quote

ASK Yourself The following?

When were you last consulted on this?

Were you ever properly consulted on this?

If you were consulted and expressed an interest in helping out were you ignored?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/09/2019 : 11:38:02      reply with quote

TO SEE ALL THE DOCUMENTS & HAVE YOUR SAY
https://www.bradford.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/planning-policy/neighbourhood-areas/?Folder=Steeton-with-Eastburn%20and%20Silsden\Regulation+16+-+Public+Consultation

hat
Website Member

Website Member

18/09/2019 : 08:03:38      reply with quote

a lot of the detail suggests this hasn't been updated since it was originally put together in 2014

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

23/09/2019 : 22:11:08      reply with quote

posted by hat
a lot of the detail suggests this hasn't been updated since it was originally put together in 2014
I noticed that myself: It's abysmal really, considering they have taken years (literally) to get this far!

I think it has been nearly three years since the public was last consulted.

The docs are slightly worded better but that's as far as goes!

I see that the TC are ridiculously pursuing a footbridge, despite BMDC stating they will be "looking at all options".

I fail to see how the TC can at all be happy if BMDC don't come up with a bridge..to them that obviously cannot see any alternative; pursuing their own agenda without listening to any voices of reason!

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Neighbourhood Plan  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to