Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Double Yellows

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : Double Yellows

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2019 : 19:03:51      reply with quote

Interesting that they've put double yellow lines down the side and back of the co-op on two roads that are unadopted. I thought the council/highways couldn't regulate parking on unadopted roads.
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2019 : 19:19:29      reply with quote

i thought that they adopted the bit by coop and up hillcrest when they built the housing estate at the top,but yes spencer ave is certainly unadopted.wardens all over silsden lately and cars getting clamped for no tax or and insurance and for parking offences GREAT if u dont pay u get done,one car parked on double yellow at top of briggate and was parked downwards so had come through the one way sign.its time these divvies got done.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2019 : 19:56:52      reply with quote

I'm glad they've put the lines by the co-op but I reckon if someone got a ticket and appealed it they'd win as I'm pretty certain the bit of hillcrest below the junction is unadopted.

I'm fed up of stupid parking on Hillcrest, people park on that bit of corner opposite the Sunnybank entrance with their cars sticking out to the half-way point of the road! As you say, "Divvies".

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/07/2019 : 21:43:35      reply with quote

The list of adopted and part adopted
silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=9684

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

13/07/2019 : 16:17:04      reply with quote

The restriction sign above the single yellow line has been replaced at the bottom of Howden Road, cars still park, Not, seen any wardens ticketing

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

15/07/2019 : 07:32:37      reply with quote

The council have to go through a legal process to obtain a Traffic Regulation Order before introducing yellow lines

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

22/07/2019 : 15:40:36      reply with quote

the powers that be say that they wont manage or repair unadopted roads,then why are there yellow lines on the bottom of hillcrest and up spencer ave,seems they do manage them when it suits,double standards is about right ,so divvies all round then, 'laugh :D');

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Double Yellows  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to