Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC MEETING - THURS 4th JULY at 7.30 (Town Hall)

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : STC MEETING - THURS 4th JULY at 7.30 (Town Hall)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2019 : 10:34:49      reply with quote

SUMMONS TO THE MEETING OF SILSDEN TOWN COUNCILIN THE TOWN HALL MEETING ROOM 4th July 2019 at 7.30pm for meeting.

AGENDA
www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_19/19_meetings/STC_meeting_agenda_July2019.pdf

TONIGHT

click for more information

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

15/07/2019 : 06:28:44      reply with quote

Can someone please explain "Co-Opted back onto the town council?. If a councillor has not been re-elected by the voting process, then that surly means people do not want this person to sit on the council.....Am i missing something or is the voting process just a comical farce and not very democratic?

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 12:07:04      reply with quote

SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!! I know local councillors log onto this site but non are brave enough to say why de-elected people are being allowed to sit on the council they were voted off. It may be a loophole on democracy...but it stinks!!, therefore I have logged a complaint with the local authority ombudsman about this issue, its about time these underhand tactics of councils are brought to task with their members and conduct on and off the council duties

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 12:20:51      reply with quote

posted by Bee2771
SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!! I know local councillors log onto this site but non are brave enough to say why de-elected people are being allowed to sit on the council they were voted off. It may be a loophole on democracy...but it stinks!!, therefore I have logged a complaint with the local authority ombudsman about this issue, its about time these underhand tactics of councils are brought to task with their members and conduct on and off the council duties
Good on you Bee2771: You are doing the right thing! 100% behind you..we need full accountability at all times. I do not wish my local precept to be used in the wrong way.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 12:57:24      reply with quote

posted by Bee2771
Sorry but you have got it VERY wrong - best of luck with the ombudsman because as far as I'm aware it was all do by the book.

1. In the first instance you should complain to the Town Clerk.
2. Councillors are not really allowed to respond on this forum, yes I know they do, but not under their given name and not in an official capacity.
3. I'm not a councillor but I do go to the council meetings and know something about the processes.

The full complement of councillors for STC is 12. At the last local elections held in May there were 2 positions which did not need to be contested. However, there were 11 applications for the other 10 positions. So, for the first time in many years there had to be a public election to fill the 10 vacancies. (BTW this cost the people of Silsden about 10,000 - for ballet papers and administration).

After the election we had a full complement of STC councillors, but then one resigned at the first meeting after the election.

This position was declared and another notice of election was posted. No one an election so as per BMDC instructions the council (STC) are allowed to use co-option from any applicant on the co-option list.

The co-option is not a full gone conclusion as candidates have to be selected by the council as being suitable.

In this case Mags Green was selected. Mags was the councillor which got the least votes at the local election but before the election was deputy mayor and someone who has worked extremely hard for Silsden as a councillor on the Gala and Silsden Youth.

Being a Silsden councillor is a thankless task, they don't get paid and if there is a contested position there is no help to pay for fancy leaflets - so the councillor that has the most friends tend to get the most votes - if you want to see how this works look at
news.silsden.net/pictures/local-elections-2019-silsden-town-council

Why not come to some of the council meeting and see how it all works?

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 15:56:24      reply with quote

This is why the town council should have its own domain that is run by the town clerk & council, not piggyback on the back of the what I would describe as the most negative site that Silsden has. This is a site that has its own agenda and the Town Council should distance itself from it.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 18:05:35      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by Peter
posted by Bee2771
Sorry but you have got it VERY wrong - best of luck with the ombudsman because as far as I'm aware it was all do by the book.

1. In the first instance you should complain to the Town Clerk.
2. Councillors are not really allowed to respond on this forum, yes I know they do, but not under their given name and not in an official capacity.
3. I'm not a councillor but I do go to the council meetings and know something about the processes.

The full complement of councillors for STC is 12. At the last local elections held in May there were 2 positions which did not need to be contested. However, there were 11 applications for the other 10 positions. So, for the first time in many years there had to be a public election to fill the 10 vacancies. (BTW this cost the people of Silsden about 10,000 - for ballet papers and administration).

After the election we had a full complement of STC councillors, but then one resigned at the first meeting after the election.

This position was declared and another notice of election was posted. No one an election so as per BMDC instructions the council (STC) are allowed to use co-option from any applicant on the co-option list.

The co-option is not a full gone conclusion as candidates have to be selected by the council as being suitable.

In this case Mags Green was selected. Mags was the councillor which got the least votes at the local election but before the election was deputy mayor and someone who has worked extremely hard for Silsden as a councillor on the Gala and Silsden Youth.

Being a Silsden councillor is a thankless task, they don't get paid and if there is a contested position there is no help to pay for fancy leaflets - so the councillor that has the most friends tend to get the most votes - if you want to see how this works look at
news.silsden.net/pictures/local-elections-2019-silsden-town-council

Why not come to some of the council meeting and see how it all works?

Like i said...a loophole on democracy, but that does not make it right!! this person should have been the last person to be "Co-Opted" due to the fact she LOST in the elections.... so the people who did not vote for this person have now found it it was a pointless task even going to vote.

I am still astonished that one active local councillor found it acceptable to urinate on memorial benches in the park in the vicinity of 14 year old children. Its just one joke after another

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/07/2019 : 21:49:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So one person cost the people of Silsden 10,000 by standing for and being elected then standing down at the first meeting!!.I hope that person had good reason and not just a petty point because if it was they should repay the money

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC MEETING - THURS 4th JULY at 7.30 (Town Hall)  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to