Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC MEETING (AGM) - THURS 16th MAY at 7.30 (Town Hall)

Replies in this thread : 14

Author

Topic : STC MEETING (AGM) - THURS 16th MAY at 7.30 (Town Hall)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/05/2019 : 12:18:57      reply with quote

SUMMONS TO THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SILSDEN TOWN COUNCIL SILSDEN TOWN HALL

16th MAY 2019 at 7.00pm FOR COUNCILLORS 7.30PM START

CLOSED TO MEMBERS OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC UNTIL 7.30PM WHILST
ADMINSTRATIVE WORK CARRIED OUT

AGENDA
silsden.net/town_council/docs_19/19_meetings/STC_meeting_AGMagenda_May2019.pdf

click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/05/2019 : 11:59:33      reply with quote

TONIGHT

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 10:27:53      reply with quote

At the meeting last night:

Michael O'Dwyer was elected as Mayor

Rebecca Whitaker was elected as Deputy Mayor

Congratulations to both of them.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 17:10:38      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

An interesting meeting, a little heated at times, a real shame we have lost Mark Wogden, his knowledge and professionalism will be missed.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 17:37:34      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Peter
At the meeting last night:

Michael O'Dwyer was elected as Mayor

Rebecca Whitaker was elected as Deputy Mayor

Congratulations to both of them.

Don't think it's good news for a modern-progressive Silsden at all.
I have never heard Michael O'Dwyer answer a question properly and whenever I have asked him a question he rambles on about him being born and bred here..so he must know better than others, without ever asking my understanding of matters.

Definitely not good news.

A backward step.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 17:38:56      reply with quote

posted by midway
An interesting meeting, a little heated at times, a real shame we have lost Mark Wogden, his knowledge and professionalism will be mist.

Now that isn't good news..Mark would have been good for Silsden.

Does anyone know why he has gone?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 21:35:14      reply with quote

posted by midway
An interesting meeting, a little heated at times, a real shame we have lost Mark Wogden, his knowledge and professionalism will be mist.

I have to correct you on this Midway

Mark threatened to resign unless an apology was forthcoming from Owen Goodall re the Conservative election 'Breaking News' leaflet. No apology was made by Owen last night, but the matter was moved on with the resolve those councillors with grievances would put them in writing, and a response would be made in writing.

At the moment Mark Wogden is still a Silsden Councillor.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2019 : 22:50:36      reply with quote

So was the compromise adopted after the meeting,I'm certain Owens response was " any questions re leaflet should be made to his agent " but perhaps i got that wrong ?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2019 : 13:34:42      reply with quote

The clerk suggested the way to move the meeting on was for complaints about the election "Breaking News" item to be put into writing to Owen Goodall who agreed to provided a written response. Whether the response will come from Owen's Party or from Owen himself is anyone's guess, but at the end of the day the response will be from Owen.

Personally I think a town council meeting was the wrong place to raise this subject and it will be very detrimental to Silsden if the council becomes politicised - there was a bit of a them and us situation which I have never felt at a STC meeting before. I hope this situation can be resolved and everyone can work together as they always have in the past.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/05/2019 : 18:35:20      reply with quote

Surely Peter the questions put by members of the public can't be politically motivated, they were obviously incensed for being given false information, and what chance other than attending the meeting would they have had to voice their opinion.The mistake was made by Owen for not engaging, and simply dismissing them with an obvious pre planned response.And i am still of the opinion that any response should be made public.and not just on social media.

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

19/05/2019 : 18:42:59      reply with quote

Perhaps the person who should answer the question if Mark Wogden has resigned and if so,yhy, is Mark Wogden himself - surely. We will await the next meeting
I must say I agree with you Peter that it was my belief that this meeting was neither the time nor the place to issue a written statement, which was then read out, about this issue!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2019 : 07:13:32      reply with quote

"We will await the next meeting"
www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/17654506.anger-at-election-leaflet-claims/?fbclid=IwAR0KgkjRT8uZJtax5bTnVihgmlIgK40_9QfkvXK-QT3Hsk6eqEkTbZZJBvE

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

23/05/2019 : 15:49:48      reply with quote

posted by midway
"We will await the next meeting"
www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/17654506.anger-at-election-leaflet-claims/?fbclid=IwAR0KgkjRT8uZJtax5bTnVihgmlIgK40_9QfkvXK-QT3Hsk6eqEkTbZZJBvE
Let's hope the Town Council does not divide on party political lines

ealteacher
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2019 : 15:31:28      reply with quote

Why is this discussion being talked about as a 'them and us situation'?
I was present at the town council meeting and, for me, the issue in question was truth and balance and whether these two pillars of democracy had been upheld in Mr Owen's leaflet.
I believe that I have a right to expect that all councillors who take decisions that affect me and the community I live in, should uphold 'truth and balance'.
Please address this issue on the facts before introducing divisive language like 'us and them'.

ealteacher
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2019 : 08:52:47      reply with quote

My apologies to Mr Goodall whose name I mistook in my last post. Sorry!

Replies in this thread : 14

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > STC MEETING (AGM) - THURS 16th MAY at 7.30 (Town Hall)  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to