Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Hard Ings road

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : Hard Ings road

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2019 : 11:30:10      reply with quote

If at all possible try to avoid going to Keighley on the bypass.
We were going up to St.Ives this morning for a walk. Got onto the bypass, traffic backed up on both lanes to the roundabout our end. Finally got to B&Q roundabout an hour later. There was no visible holdup other than one lane closed off at the lights where you turn into B&Q. There were ground work crew in the Cricket Club grounds but no sign of any work all the way. Coming home the traffic towards Keighley backed up to between golf Club bridge and our roundabout.
Feel for the poor folk that have to use that route to go to work etc. Understand this will go on for a year!
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/05/2019 : 12:59:00      reply with quote

An article from the Keighley News published on 9th May 2019. I have republished it here
news.silsden.net/development/hard-ings-road-improvements-13-may-2019-for-58-weeks

..... so we can look back after 58 weeks and see if the claims made by Bradford Council traffic engineers come true. In the meantime, the best of luck getting to Bradford by car!

Up-to-date information on these road improvements can be found here
www.howardcivileng.co.uk/hard-ings

PS Don't forget to look at Google Traffic Map before any journey, it looks like the retaining wall by the reservoir started today.

Harvey spicer
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2019 : 10:36:38      reply with quote

i always do my level best to avoid keighley full stop ..................

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Hard Ings road  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to