Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Huge waste Management site for Silsden.

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : Huge waste Management site for Silsden.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2019 : 19:23:10      reply with quote

Could be you have received this notice recently,please ignore it,there is no truth in it what so ever.

click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2019 : 20:56:00      reply with quote

Fair play to new blood coming along but I think what he has been fed is info about something that may have become a plan back when he was still at Aire View School.Nothing came of it, indeed the same document said the site of the new school could be used for waste management.
This has been kicking about on social media for a week so I wonder why the candidate for the Labour party who run Bradford Council have has not come out and said there will be no such site anywhere in Silsden.

davidaloud
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2019 : 06:55:22      reply with quote

Another example of Gazzer's anti-Labour rhetoric. I have provided a full explanation of the this matter on silsdenbuzz and Gazzer is fully aware of that content, some of which dates back to Saturday 27th April, the day after it was brought to my attention.

There is no truth in the allegation made by Owen Goodall the Conservative Candidate. Below is the further clarification by me posted again on the Silsdenbuzz site.

Statement to Silsden Residents

I have received formal clarification from the Leader of Bradford Council, the Assistant Director of Planning Transportation and Highways, and the Planning & Transport Strategy Manager confirming that there are no current or future plans for a waste site in the Craven Ward Area. The following is a direct extract from an email that provides a full timeline and comprehensive detail from the initial site review in 2011 through to the adoption in 2017:

“Subject: FW: Craven Ward Misleading Election Material

Hello, Please see below information from Julian Jackson and Andrew Marshall.

I can confirm there is no truth in this claim.

The Waste Management Development Plan Document which was adopted on 17 Oct 2017 does not include an allocated site in Silsden. There was a site included in the earlier consultation on the initial shortlist in Jan /Feb 2011 but this was removed at subsequent stages (Revised preferred option in Oct 2011) and well before submission to examination.”

Again, whilst canvassing tonight, the question of a ‘Waste Site’ was raised by concerned residents. My primary concern is that local people have been worried unnecessarily about an issue that does not exist.

Owen Goodall, the Conservative Candidate responsible for the leaflet, still hasn’t replied to my request for him to retract the leaflet and take all possible steps to clarify the true situation and put people’s minds at rest.

I am also disappointed that the Conservative Ward Councillor Rebecca Whitaker, who is a supporter of Owen’s campaign, has not seen fit to make a public statement on this issue, at the very least to allay residents’ concerns."

It is not up to me or Bradford Council to defend against false statements and fake news. I am not surprised Gazzer that you fail yet again to hold the Conservative candidate and the Conservative Ward Councillor responsible for issuing and distributing such lies long after they have been found out. Maybe the Conservative Candidate should be more responsive to retracting his leaflet and apologising for his behaviour to the people of Silsden- he certainly seems to respond quickly to you in your shared tweets to each other.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2019 : 08:01:49      reply with quote

Fake news then.
Interesting times.
Someone is getting desperate.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2019 : 11:13:18      reply with quote

posted by davidaloud
Another example of Gazzer's anti-Labour rhetoric. I have provided a full explanation of the this matter on silsdenbuzz and Gazzer is fully aware of that content, some of which dates back to Saturday 27th April, the day after it was brought to my attention.

etc..................

Contrary to popular belief NOT EVERYONE uses Facebook........

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2019 : 17:48:52      reply with quote

How come the council's own solicitors have not updated the residents as to the legalities of this document's distribution? As I understand it is to be given over to west Yorkshire police to investigate true or false ,please respond city solicitor.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/05/2019 : 13:25:21      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

posted by davidaloud

I DID NOT KNOW THE CONTENT OF DAVID LOUD'S STATEMENT ON SILSDEN BUZZ WHEN I POSTED ON SILSDEN.NET ONE HOUR BEFORE HE POSTED HIS STATEMENT

Can I point out I asked on silsden.net why the Labour candidate(David Loud)had not come out and promised his Labour run council would not allow this waste management facilty to be built.This was on 30/04/19 and is timed at 20:56.
Later that day David Loud posted a statement on Silsdenbuzz facebook page timed at 22:17, no doubt having read my post on silsden.net.

David Loud's comments dated 27/04/19 DID NOT say this scheme would not happen but did state he had asked Bfd Council for information and was awaiting a reply.

So David please get your facts correct before having a go.And it is not anti-Labour rhetoric you will get from me it is pro Silsden comments.As a member of the public if a condidate is unable to say he will be pro Silsden* then no matter if its Tories like Mallinson,Rickard,Clarke or Rowley or Labour like Carroll,Loud then I will offer my, and my own opinion.I do not think the way Labour run Bradford Council treat Silsden that I could endorse a Labour Candidate.

*I asked a specific question to David Loud about if it came to a vote on Bradford Council would he vote for Silsden's interest's or the Labour Party and he, and fair play to giving an honest answer, said he could not promise to vote in the interests of Silsden

victor
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2019 : 08:57:17      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

gazzer do you not think this is why we have wars, because some people only consider there own interest and not the overall picture.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2019 : 11:35:02      reply with quote

posted by victor
gazzer do you not think this is why we have wars, because some people only consider there own interest and not the overall picture.
Maybe.Bradford Council should look at the overall picture and treat each ward as equals and not justdestroy communities on the edge of the councils area.

adeythom
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2019 : 15:58:52      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by gazzer
posted by victor
Maybe.Bradford Council should look at the overall picture and treat each ward as equals and not just destroy communities on the edge of the councils area.
I hope this isn't what won him the election, because it's a fantasy. Owen hasn't read the DPD properly, and doesn't appear to understand IT'S A LIST OF ALL THE SITES IN THE DISTRICT WHICH COULD BE USED AS A WASTE SITE - like having a list of all the sites which could be used to build a primary school. It doesn't mean that all of them, or any of them, will be used. But never let the facts get in the way of a good political lie.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2019 : 18:29:48      reply with quote

posted by adeythom
posted by gazzer
posted by victor
Maybe.Bradford Council should look at the overall picture and treat each ward as equals and not just destroy communities on the edge of the councils area.
I hope this isn't what won him the election, because it's a fantasy. Owen hasn't read the DPD properly, and doesn't appear to understand IT'S A LIST OF ALL THE SITES IN THE DISTRICT WHICH COULD BE USED AS A WASTE SITE - like having a list of all the sites which could be used to build a primary school. It doesn't mean that all of them, or any of them, will be used. But never let the facts get in the way of a good political lie.
He was wrong to use something that would unlikely happen.Even the plan said it would be financially unviable.Having in said that why on earth did Bradford Council ever put it in a list of posibilities without asking anybody in Silsden.
And technically Owen said it could be used "potentialy" not definitely.

Politics is murky even at this level

adeythom
Website Member

Website Member

03/05/2019 : 21:51:23      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by adeythom
posted by gazzer
posted by victor
He was wrong to use something that would unlikely happen.Even the plan said it would be financially unviable.Having in said that why on earth did Bradford Council ever put it in a list of posibilities without asking anybody in Silsden.
And technically Owen said it could be used "potentialy" not definitely.

Politics is murky even at this level

Because it’s a list of possibilities, not a list of sites. Good grief, it’s not that complicated!

He’s obviously a typical Tory. Defending him for using potentially rather than definitely with a banner headline reading ‘Labours Local Plan = Huge Waste Management Site for Silsden’ is...let’s just say disingenuous and avoid other possible descriptions...

Still, as already discussed, he is a Tory, and he did pretty much what you’d expect them to do...

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/05/2019 : 08:26:13      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Problem is Adey is Bradford Council seem to come up with various plans for Silsden that actually do happen.This makes Bradford an easy target.For instance here is a press report saying a lot of new houses COULD be built, importantly not WOULD be built.So we gave to discuss things.In your theory we cant discuss things until they happen.
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/15676595.silsden-poised-for-massive-housing-development-to-north-and-east-of-town/

Owen was, in my opinion, was wrong because even the Council said it would be unviable and in future as a Cllr we need to look in depth and challange anything he says that is unlikely to happen or is wrong for Silsden.As we should with any politician.These days we have silsden.net and Silsden Buzz where we can bring inaccurate statements into the open for discussion

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Huge waste Management site for Silsden.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to