Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Irresponsible dog owners

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : Irresponsible dog owners

twohedges
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 13:36:50      reply with quote

The amount of dog fouling around the streets of Silsden has reached epidemic proportions recently! Do these ignorant and irresponsible dog owners think it is ok not to pick up after their dogs (usually under cover of darkness!). Crosshills and Skipton authorities are using CCTV to identify and prosecute offenders. Maybe its about time Silsden did the same?!!
click for more information

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 13:52:41      reply with quote

Have just walked up Woodside Road...OMG. an absolute disgrace. Large dogs, lazy owners!!!! Must say the streets around here are all BAD, and the number of piles outside some poor persons home/gateway beggars belief.If they cant pick up don't get a dog to be a nuisance to all and sundry.
Does anyone know where signs can be obtained?

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 16:49:24      reply with quote

We had this problem on the path that runs along our house and people dropping bags of dog poo in our bin. My wife put up a very strong worded poster ( with some very choice words ) on the end of our shed, 2 weeks later a man from the council came round and said they had received complaints about the wording on the poster and asked us to take it down and he replaced it with a large dog fouling notice.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 17:17:45      reply with quote

we have had 4 or 5 threads on this subject,and it never seems to get better,lighter nights which are on the way seems to slow it down as they can be seen not clearing up,its so simple to do, but then some that do just fling the bag into the nearest hedge or drive,definitely irresponsible dog owners.

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 17:48:32      reply with quote

Like I've said many times before, until the dog wardens start actually giving out fines to the offenders
this is never going to stop. Once word gets round that a few have had to cough up the said £1,000 that it threatens on the notices then it may start to reduce.

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2019 : 21:06:11      reply with quote

We too have noticed an increase just lately around Howden Road and Daisy Hill area's
It does seem to be owners of larger dogs judging by the size of things.

And in case you are wondering, Yes we notice it while walking our own dog (and cleaning up after him)

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

23/01/2019 : 07:42:05      reply with quote

Don't know if things will get sorted but I have contacted Brad Met on line. If you are having the same problem I would say do likewise. Hopefully when they know there is a real problem they just might do something about it.

twohedges
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2019 : 18:38:45      reply with quote

Thanks for the replies - good suggestion regarding ringing & complaining to Bradford met. We too have had bags thrown into the garden or left at the side of our drive, not pleasurable! Venturing onto the canel bank yesterday was equally a pleasure with the newly laid tarmac covered in fresh piles. We acknowledge that there are some very responsible dog owners but sadly the irresponsible ones tend to give the majority a bad name. Some dog owning friends of ours told us of a recent challenge to other dog owners not picking up to be met with verbal abuse! that unfortunately shows the mentality of these offenders.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2019 : 19:19:40      reply with quote

Last time Bradford did something was a few years ago, they went round schools and gave out tshirts.. waste of time and money. Serious action is taken by other towns, fines are imposed and things improve. Time to get tough, cost will be recovered by fines!

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2019 : 19:19:44      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

25/01/2019 : 09:30:58      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

The dog shitting on Woodside Road is not getting sorted!
This morning I see their is another big pile, clearly from the same dog/owner, a few metres on the corner from all the other piles!
I spoke to the officer putting up the signs on Woodside Rd yesterday. She said “ Hope this should sort out the problem”. Well it hasn’t and the owner is clearly trying to shit on us..literally. The person responsible for this needs to be caught and prosecuted.

I think this mornings pile was done between 9am and 9:30am so someone might have noticied the culprit.
I have my suspicions that it is someone living very local who just wants to let their dog shit quickly, before they get off to work!!

I also think that this amount of poo is a bio-hazard and should be removed by the council.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

25/01/2019 : 10:09:00      reply with quote

Signs do not work. Large deposit on Skipton Road, near to school, this morning. Counted over 20 others on walk, some fresh. Time to get this problem sorted.

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

26/01/2019 : 10:55:39      reply with quote

ANOTHER great pile this morning at bottom of Steves drive approaching bus stop. Anyone knowing who the LAZY owner is should report to council and name and shame. This is disgusting and getting worse by the day. Obviously someone that thinks they are above the law, a right horrible person.

Lancashire Lad
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2019 : 18:30:23      reply with quote

posted by dexter
Signs do not work. Large deposit on Skipton Road, near to school, this morning. Counted over 20 others on walk, some fresh. Time to get this problem sorted.
PAINT IT PINK!

I've seen this done in some towns.

Get some water-based line marking spray paint cans.

No one can miss it then and it could well be picked up by the press, then may be the council may do something ....but probably not!

Periodic Table
Website Member

Website Member

31/01/2019 : 19:26:15      reply with quote

Glad this subject has come up again. It is quite appalling all over Silsden. Very sad, not so long ago things seemed to have improved. But yet again like walking through a open sewer.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

31/01/2019 : 21:39:28      reply with quote

Every year this subject comes up.

Topic : Dog Poo 13/02/2009
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=1130

Topic : dog crap 21/08/2009
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=1491&recordnum=0

Topic : Public meeting re:- dog fouling 16/04/2009
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=1242

Topic : Dog Muck! 10/10/2009
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=1629

Topic : Stop the DOG POO on pavements please 04/02/2008
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=609

Topic : Dog mess 19/11/2007
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=548

Topic : Irresponsible Dog Ownners 22/01/2006
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=238

The days are getting longer and the problem will soon go away soon.... well until the autumn.

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Irresponsible dog owners  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to