Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Silsden Reservoir

Replies in this thread : 16

Author

Topic : Silsden Reservoir

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

11/11/2018 : 10:16:05      reply with quote

Does anybody know why the reservoir water level is so low and appears to be getting lower as each day passes?
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

11/11/2018 : 16:35:16      reply with quote

still low from the summer they let some through 24 7 to keep the beck topped up

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

11/11/2018 : 19:24:08      reply with quote

Sorry dogcatcher, surely there is sufficient water coming down from the other part of the beck via Bradley Road, to negate the need to open the sluices unnecessarily at the onset of heavy rain or for any other reason. This reinforces my opinion that water release from the reservoir is a major cause of flooding further down the beck at times of heavy rainfall. I have regularly witnessed the beck levels rising from less than a foot to six foot & more in a matter of a few hours.

Lewis
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2018 : 17:38:28      reply with quote

Compensation water was always released for the users, mills etc. Depending on the level of water a certain litreage would be allowed to flow to keep the wheels turning etc.
I think now it is to keep the beck sweet and wild life happy. Of course the flow needs to do that up nearer the reservoir too, IE well above Bradley road.

Lewis
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2018 : 17:38:40      reply with quote

Compensation water was always released for the users, mills etc. Depending on the level of water a certain litreage would be allowed to flow to keep the wheels turning etc.
I think now it is to keep the beck sweet and wild life happy. Of course the flow needs to do that up nearer the reservoir too, IE well above Bradley road.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2018 : 18:24:28      reply with quote

The water level seems to be getting lower every week. I spoke with Yorkshire Water today to ask if there was a reason for this, after 1 hour he came back to me and said they were not aware of a low level but would look into this and come back to me another day.

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2018 : 14:48:18      reply with quote

I agree with Wheelaman 123, there is something fishy going on. I first came to Silsden in 1974 and I have never seen the water level as low as it is at the moment. Can someone please give a definitive answer to this question

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2018 : 16:09:13      reply with quote

Had my ring back from YWA this afternoon, reason for low level is due to the very dry summer months. when i said that the reservoir above Addingham ( cant remember its name ) is full to the brim after all the dry weather, there response was maybe silsden water is been used to top up some other reservoir. I then asked if they could tell me which reservoir that would be i was told they do not have that information. I think there is something they are not wanting us to know.

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2018 : 11:25:22      reply with quote

I see the reservoir is still low, despite the torrential downpours of the last week!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2018 : 17:40:46      reply with quote

Thought you could find this response interesting,could they be using the reservoir for flood storage?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2018 : 01:43:28      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

i wonder what the waltonians fishing clubs take is on this it must be affecting the fish and fishing.

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2018 : 15:35:00      reply with quote

Thanks for this information. The mystery is nswered and solved

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2018 : 15:36:23      reply with quote

It should have read " the mystery is now answered and resolved"

hat
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2018 : 13:28:26      reply with quote

Completely full today. I know we’ve had a fair bit of rain the last few days but surely not enough to fill a res? It must be getting fed from elsewhere upstream

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2018 : 14:07:38      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

poss pumped from chelker as well as rain.as cant off filled up that quick with just the rain.water still has to be released down the res beck as its nearly a mile before its joins bradley rd beck at the ford by old post office.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2018 : 16:52:12      reply with quote

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2018 : 16:55:20      reply with quote

Replies in this thread : 16

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Silsden Reservoir  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to