Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Its not always the teenagers

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : Its not always the teenagers

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

03/10/2018 : 10:07:22      reply with quote

My son has told me the other day,a few weeks ago they spotted a drunk local 40 something man urinating on a memorial bench in the park. In disgust they posted it to Silsden buzz, but for some reason it did not get past the Buzz dictatorship and was never published.....mmmmmm Wonder why? have a guess maybe
click for more information

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2018 : 14:13:23      reply with quote

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2018 : 14:14:58      reply with quote

It may have been too explicit

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

10/10/2018 : 18:29:37      reply with quote

Certainly it is not the teenagers fault. It is the fault of the adults who not wanting to pay proper rates have allowed government to get rid of public toilets. Local authorities could provide them, but as their fincances are really controlled by central government and public convenienses are not a high priority then what you observed is a consequense of adults not wishing to pay proper taxes.

Silsden actually could have paid for a public convenience by paying for it through the precept on the rates. However the local worthies do not want to pay taxes, so no public loos.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2018 : 05:34:30      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
Certainly it is not the teenagers fault. It is the fault of the adults who not wanting to pay proper rates have allowed government to get rid of public toilets. Local authorities could provide them, but as their fincances are really controlled by central government and public convenienses are not a high priority then what you observed is a consequense of adults not wishing to pay proper taxes.

Silsden actually could have paid for a public convenience by paying for it through the precept on the rates. However the local worthies do not want to pay taxes, so no public loos.
Ehhhhhh......So what you are saying its everyone else's fault that a pissed up fat slob urinated on a memorial bench in a public park!!!
I would put it that this well known local community member is a scroat and has no respect for anything Silsden. Chuff me, how some people think baffles the S%^t out of me sometimes

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2018 : 20:39:35      reply with quote

Funny that, I don't recall ever being asked if I was willing to pay any extra taxes of any kind to help fund public loos in Silsden or anywhere else.

You do talk some nonsense sometimes old-miner.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2018 : 21:25:50      reply with quote

"District and town councillor Adrian Naylor said: “Silsden Town Council investigated the possibility of keeping them open, but it rapidly became clear that there would be significant overheads."

Cllr Naylor said the council would have to pay Bradford more than £1,000 a year business rates for toilets, as well as funding repairs to the roof, and work to bring windows and doors to standard.
Silsden mayor Chris Atkinson estimated the cost of repairs might have topped £30,000, and the running costs included the battery of health checks every week.

He added: “We added up the cost to £4,000 a year before we started paying for a cleaner. We said we weren’t going to burden the ratepayer"

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2018 : 21:44:08      reply with quote

Then why are we paying a local precept up 80% this year, if we cannot have some local facilities? And STC have huge cash balances in hand. What are they for?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2018 : 23:39:51      reply with quote

Well for starters there is £20,000 a year going to support silsden town hall.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2018 : 05:34:15      reply with quote

That is good news, but is everyone aware of that? We don't get much information on how the local precept is spent. A local STC newsletter used to be produced, but that stopped a while ago.

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Its not always the teenagers  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to