Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Bypass

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : Bypass

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

09/09/2018 : 08:28:09      reply with quote

Re: Shipley

Telegraph & Argus
Transport Secretary announces study for £50m Shipley bypass

The Minister, who said he had personal experience of battling through the congestion in Shipley, said money would be set aside in the early 2020s for schemes on the secondary road network “to break congestion points”

Is it possible Silsden can get money for a bypass from this pot?
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2018 : 18:38:35      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Thought this is worth a read.
www.bit.ly/2p01ltw

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2018 : 20:44:42      reply with quote

posted by midway
Thought this is worth a read.
www.bit.ly/2p01ltw
Well done Midway for finding this.

It reads that BMDC are keeping the alignment on the plan for the future, given the existing traffic conditions and proposed developments to the east of town! Horay!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2018 : 21:17:37      reply with quote

This is from 2002,do you think it's applicable/ up to date?

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

11/09/2018 : 22:19:50      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by midway
This is from 2002,do you think it's applicable/ up to date?
I was going to ask when was this was written.

Good question you pose.
I think there is some truth in that the bypass alignment will be kept. For example the alignment close to the Barratt Development on Belton rd was partially kept. The alignment actually runs through the park/flood/wet area to the bottom of the development, but the actual full site boundary was not developed (SE corner). The fact that the development does partially infringe on the alignment is not that critical here as it can be realigned without problem here.
If you have seen the plans for the proposed new (school Rd) (i think phase3) it shows the rd terminating onto Hawber Lane, above Brunthwaite. I wonder if the proposal is actually to connect into the bypass (when its built) and not appear as shown to be wanting to head into greenbelt land between Brunthwaite and Swartha.
I dont know the full answer but if the alignment for the bypass has been purposely kept over the years and accordingly as suggested in the UDP – Keighley Chapter 8 Transport and Movement, you have put on, that developments are going ahead to the eastern side (NE & SE) of town plus all of the other suggestions they have made in then that should be read positively. It would seem a scoping report for an EIA had already been done, but this was not properly integrated into the inspectors report; thus the council rightly rejected the inspectors claims or considerations. Result that the council decided to jusifiably keep it in.
Okay so we are years down the line..but Bradford have seemingly done nothing towards it, apart from what i mentioned above. All very small steps i guess.
I think it will happen, but we have to press Bradford to start seeing it as a priority. I think we need to let Bradford know that hey..we dont mind the development, we know folk need homes, and yes we do have some space available, but the price is that folk cannot live in a 'pressure cooker' town when all these homes are built.

I would like to see community and Bradford engaging for our future and that is why i would like Bradford to start running community workshops where we all get together and have a fun time but serious time inputting and bashing out ideas for developing our Town. Armed with that positive information we all go away and resourcefully work together to a common future. Many years ago i went to one in Otley, so these events do happen..its just Bradford havent got their heads around it yet and neither have our Town Councillors.

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Bypass