Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > TrialGP

Replies in this thread : 23

Author

Topic : TrialGP

darter
Website Member

Website Member

27/08/2018 : 08:12:01      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I see that notices have been put up to give advance warning of possible delays next weekend (1st & 2nd Sept) due to the TrialGP event - www.trialgp.com/index.php/news3/617-trialgp-great-britain-the-final-countdown

Does anyone know how many people are likely to attend?
click for more information

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 13:25:45      reply with quote

Having just been up to see the preparations for this event I was astounded that the organisers have moved and scraped about some of the huge boulders that create this beautiful and fascinating part of Rombolds moor.
I am not talking small boulders but ones the size of a pickup or larger. Are they legally allowed to do this wanton destruction of the landscape?
Furthermore I think the traffic is about to get even crazier in and around Silsden. I have just seen a huge coach the size of a typical double decker bus come down Brown Bank Lane. Madness! This is another good reason why we need a bypass!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 14:12:45      reply with quote

Venue access
Please follow event signage from A6034 (Silsden to Addingham) and the instructions provided by traffic management / event staff. There will be road closures and a one-way system in place, so please observe signage at all times as this may change throughout the day subject to traffic conditions. Please note that there will be no venue access via Brunthwaite village.

Car parking
Parking on the approach roads is strictly prohibited, the restricted areas will be clearly defined by no parking cones / signage. Regular patrols will notify the authorities of any offending vehicles, which will be towed away without warning. Onsite parking will be charged at £5.00 per vehicle (including motorcycles / maximum vehicle length 6 metres) per day – cash sales only – please have correct money ready on arrival to speed up entry process.

Event times
The event site will be open from 8.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday 1st September and 8.30am to 4.30pm on Sunday 2nd September. No public are allowed on site outside of these times, and nor on Friday 31st August.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 14:40:24      reply with quote

this being a world championship 10,000+ are expected,over the 2 days,riders from all over the world including new zealand,it will be chaos all round here but good for local businesses if staying open,also the pubs and cafes,dont quote me on this as i cant remember where i read this, a senior moment i thinks 'shocked 8O');

midway
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 15:44:14      reply with quote

Do they now have planning permission?
www.ibb.co/cZyPF9
found this one : 07/04172/FUL

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 18:30:45      reply with quote

Offcumed one moaning again,keep your nose out of other people's buisness you interfering old drunk.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 18:52:24      reply with quote

!ow! less of the old.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2018 : 20:09:48      reply with quote

posted by midway
!ow! less of the old.
Skippy's comments were directed at dogcatcher if I'm not mistaken. They have escaped again wink ;)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 06:16:05      reply with quote

ney what makes u think that pete,i was not complaining 'happy :)');ps i have not escaped just giving some info on subject 'happy :)');

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 07:34:14      reply with quote

Wouldn’t worry about it...yet again no one knows what he’s talking about! ‘Drunk’ you would think he’d know what a drunk is advocating a new pub at the bottom of Bradley Rd! Just to clarify if by per chance he was aiming that low stab at me. I have a genuine interest in that site because that is where I was first introduced to trials riding on a Fantic 125 in 1980!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 10:05:49      reply with quote

Better get used to the holdups , this is what it will be like when the new houses are built.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 10:11:55      reply with quote

are these the same hold ups we were supposed to be getting when aldi was built and houses on mill banks built,no more hold ups there that anyone has noticed as all gone quiet about them,the same when they are built above tannery,nobody will notice.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 13:59:47      reply with quote

Doggy I think there is a difference between 48 houses and 500 to start with and another 500 later. Most of the traffic from Mill Banks turn right and do not go through the town, most of cars from the houses to be built off Dale view will turn left and go through the town. Sorry Peter for going off subject.

terrier52
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 17:32:22      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
this being a world championship 10,000+ are expected,riders from all over the world including new zealand,it will be chaos all round here but good for local businesses if staying open,also the pubs and cafes,dont quote me on this as i cant remember where i read this, a senior moment i thinks 'shocked 8O');

terrier52
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 17:38:16      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
this being a world championship 10,000+ are expected,riders from all over the world including new zealand,it will be chaos all round here but good for local businesses if staying open,also the pubs and cafes,dont quote me on this as i cant remember where i read this, a senior moment i thinks 'shocked 8O');

Well Been up there this morning no way will they get 10,000 + that would be about 2000🏍😱

midway
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 17:52:19      reply with quote

midway
Website Member

Website Member

31/08/2018 : 18:06:05      reply with quote

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2018 : 13:32:07      reply with quote

well that went down like a damp squid barely a 1000 there ,the 10,000 figures came off the web site for the last 3 events on mainland europe,so it looks like people didnt want to pay to come across the water to blighty,get there on high petrol prices and £25 entry and £5 parking fees.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2018 : 17:30:48      reply with quote

Well lets face it..they probably heard how unwelcoming folk can be from around here..but gosh.. the ‘London price' is enough to put most folk off!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2018 : 20:34:56      reply with quote

What all the fuss was about - enjoy

m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8RUU9Hxb0A

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2018 : 22:39:18      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
well that went down like a damp squid barely a 1000 there ,the 10,000 figures came off the web site for the last 3 events on mainland europe,so it looks like people didnt want to pay to come across the water to blighty,get there on high petrol prices and £25 entry and £5 parking fees.
Well doggy £25 I take it you did not go then £5 parking bet you did not walk lol
solid wood flooring

nabend
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2018 : 07:05:37      reply with quote

£25 for two days watching the best in the world do what they do seems pretty good value to me. Certainly better than what you'd get watching the donkeys at Elland Road or Valley Parade. It's a minority sport, however, and will never attract huge audiences.
As regards the boulders, unless it's an AONB or an SSSI I suspect the landowner can do pretty much what he likes with them.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2018 : 08:39:33      reply with quote

No i guess £25.00 isnt so bad for two days but this was not intimated that it was a price for two days by dogcatcher!

As I pointed out i had my first trials riding lesson there and im in favour of using controlled areas for the sport (they have to do it somewhere)..however riders go to each evented place because of the challenges that place has to offer.
So, I understand the landowner can do what they want with the rocks...but it seems a bizarre and reckless destruction of the landscape when the riders have come to experience the trials of the landscape the moor has to offer. If they wanted to ride over massive loose boulders surely an active, open, quarry would be the best place for that. I hope that somehow these giant boulders that have been pulled out of the ground are at least partially re-buried. If they don’t; then it can be said it is another direct concern on the urbanisation of our landscape, by making of a trials playground!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/09/2018 : 09:19:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

no it just gave £15 for friday and £25 for sunday,but im sure u 2 better because u will of got a 2 day ticket and been up there, 'laugh :D');,the only locals i know that went up climbed over the wall or got hold of free passes and green grass still wouldnt of gone up if it was free with a bacon butty 'razz :p');and yes i would of rather gone to see the donkeys at valley parade even though im a leeds fan 'shocked 8O');just found out a weekend pass was £30, but buying before hand it was a £5 off all prices.

Replies in this thread : 23

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > TrialGP