Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE

Replies in this thread : 51
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2018 : 18:22:20      reply with quote

click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2018 : 22:52:04      reply with quote

THE TREES

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 00:31:34      reply with quote

Can you please provide details of who are Silsden Campaign Group for the countryside

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 07:53:36      reply with quote

i hate to see things like this happen but its progress,the population is going up all the time and this happens all over england not just silsden,i like many others thought that the new school would be a senior school for 11 year olds to 16 year olds,as this site (well nearby) was earmarked for a secondary school years ago before houses were built at the top of daisy hill,i lived on middleway for serveral years at the time of the original plans to build there,before they decided to join up with south craven school.i dont see why when a road is built that the land between it and the town always gets changed to brown land that can be built on .

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 11:09:07      reply with quote

18/02201/MAF | Proposed enabling road to serve the proposed new school and residential development at land to the east of Bolton Road, Silsden | Land East Of Bolton Road Silsden West Yorkshire

14 Aug 2018 Consultee Comment HIGHWAYS CONSULTATION RESPONSE

Highways Advice
I have no objections to raise about the proposed development.

Unbelievable
....... but see for yourself
planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=P9A6USDHMVP00&activeTab=summary

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 11:18:51      reply with quote

Why do we need another topic on this subject? it has been discussed under other headings.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 11:34:53      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
Why do we need another topic on this subject? it has been discussed under other headings.
Because the topic headings of the other discussions are vague and people keep going away from the subject - the bulldozers are at the door and it is time to lay down - object now.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 13:46:03      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Peter on Monday I was talking to one of the planners dealing with this application and he told me that the planners wanted the through road down Hawber cote lane and down Banklends lane. Also during the conversation he said " if the school is built" which I thought was a strange thing to say. Today I was told that the school has been put back two years, could it be that they need the road for the housing to get all the soil to be excavated for the school off site. Has anyone else been told that the school has been put back ? .

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 16:01:22      reply with quote

See panoramic views of Banklands, where the proposal is to build an access road to build up to 1000 houses:

news.silsden.net/map-of-the-land-east-of-bolton-road-banklands

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 16:54:36      reply with quote

posted by Peter
18/02201/MAF | Proposed enabling road to serve the proposed new school and residential development at land to the east of Bolton Road, Silsden | Land East Of Bolton Road Silsden West Yorkshire

14 Aug 2018 Consultee Comment HIGHWAYS CONSULTATION RESPONSE

Highways Advice
I have no objections to raise about the proposed development.

Unbelievable
....... but see for yourself
planning.bradford.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=P9A6USDHMVP00&activeTab=summary

Peter..just viewed this..and i, like you, agasp at such a limited statement!

It is not a statement, by Highways, but a complete cop out...which infers to me that they have been told to shut up by Bradford Planning!

I think that this should be challenged in every way possible, because they have to give and make a logical, explanatory comment and reason as to why the proposal should or shouldn’t go ahead. I cant see how planning can make any kind of decision from it, as it is not evidence based. It is absolutely unfair to the public as the Highways comment cannot be scrutinised.
In essence nothing fair can come out of this; It has to be challenged.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2018 : 17:48:25      reply with quote

On another point regarding this rediculous proposal is that having read the Sandersons Transport Statement i have come across various points you might want to know!!!!

1. The development proposals are for a proposed enabling road to serve a proposed new school and residential development at land to the east of Bolton Road, Silsden. (page 11)

2. The phase 1 enabling road junction design from Bolton Road incorporates the consented access to the residential site on the western side of Bolton Road. (page 11)

3. The traffic results were increased by 20% . "The comparison shows that traffic flows at this junction have reduced in the PM peak hour from 2013 to 2016. This is possibly a result of road works in Silsden at the time of the 2016 traffic count. To account for this it is proposed to increase the peak hour traffic flows recorded at 2016 by 20% (AM and PM peak).” (page 9)

4. The Phase 2 development proposals would be the subject of further planning applications to potentially provide a road linking through the site from Bolton Road to Hawber Lane. (page 11)

5. “In addition to the potential residential and school traffic, the Council have identified that the Phase 2 proposal also considers the impact of a potential development of 400 units to the south and south-east of Silsden.” (page 15)
(The way this is written suggests to me that Bradford are clearly pushing this proposal and scheme to the limits!)

more info to follow!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 13:15:59      reply with quote

Looking at the objections to the enabling road I don't think many of the home owners on Banklands lane, Dale view and the side roads realise what it will mean to them. Hawber cote lane Banklands lane and Dale view will become A RAT RUN from what could be 1000 new houses. If you live on, or have friends living on these roads please object to this application . And yes it is not in my back yard, but even if it wasnen't I would still object.

hat
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 13:28:14      reply with quote

i'm on Aireville Crescent and someone was posting leaflets this morning the same as those pictures at the top of this thread so hopefully people are becoming aware

victor
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 14:58:37      reply with quote

hat that was my wife doing her bit, 360 up to now.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 15:02:31      reply with quote

If more cars go into the school then more come out, that is more for Middleway, Daisy hill and Clog bridge, so please object to it.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 19:38:08      reply with quote

Victor have you thought of claiming compensation, worth a read www.gov.uk/compensation-road-property-value

victor
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 20:56:00      reply with quote

Thanks middy but I think it only applies to Highways England not local councils.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

15/08/2018 : 22:09:59      reply with quote

Everybody should take an indepth read into the Sandersons Report: 18_02201_MAF-TRANSPORT_STATEMENT_INC_DRAWINGS-5165162

Thsi is probably the most critical of all the details because it highlights to us all what will happen if they get the go ahead for this proposal.

The loss of trees, countryside, etcetera is especially one particular loss; However Phase 2b shown on the plans is the real worrying concern..because this route not only dissects the ideal route for the bypass, but it ends directly at a right angle onto Hawber Lane, meaning that there intends to be another following phase where it will enter outside the UDP K/H2,8 land into into directly designated greenfield site, between Brunthwaite and Swartha.

If you dont know by now that this phase 1 proposal has nothing to do with the school whatsoever, you must be living in cloud cuckoo land. I purposely believe that it was thrown together and submitted 2 days before the school was agreed, to hijack and excite the minds of Bradford planners, to give the go ahead for the school. With this additional route in mind, to the planners it looks decidedly positive! Meanwhile The Silsden Development Company Ltd get everything they want for the housing!

I have read just about everything their is supplied on the website for this application..and their is barely a word said about this proposal and how it relates to the school other than by title alone; of which we know even that has changed several times!

What are the Town Council doing about this? We need the Town Council to hold another open meeting asap,showing printed drawings at A1 scale at least. WE need it urgently.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

16/08/2018 : 10:05:24      reply with quote

this is a message for caroline whitaker, have you been in touch with planning aid? its a free service run by qualified planners to assist members of the public and action groups in any planning issues, they will tell you how best to object and all the planning guidance notes etc, if you want to get anywhere you need legitimate planning arguments so need to find which planning rules the council are going against in their proposals and use those as arguments, everything has to be evidence based not enough to say loss of views, countryside etc.Hope this helps.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2018 : 17:38:32      reply with quote

There's hope for us yet.
www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/16417766.countryside-gobbled-up-by-developers-but-no-affordable-housing-report/

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

17/08/2018 : 20:40:42      reply with quote

Several weeks ago there was a Snells builders vehicle in the field adjacent to Holden Lane, Silsden opposite the large electricity station. A man was operating a piece of machinery which I took to be something to do with ground imagery.
Is there some plans to build more houses here too in the future?
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/08/2018 : 12:48:37      reply with quote

From the KN

More than 150 objections have been submitted to Bradford Council over the proposed road to connect busy Bolton Road with the Hawber Cote area.

Silsden Town Council has joined residents objecting “in the strongest possible terms” to the road, which would also connect the main road to fields earmarked for up to 500 houses.

Read more.....

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/16592895.traffic-concerns-over-road-plan/

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/08/2018 : 16:24:37      reply with quote

Objection on the Planning Portal by John Grogan MP

Name: Mr John Grogan MP
Address: Keighley Civic Centre 81 North Street Keighley

I should like to object to the application on the following grounds:
1- Bradford Council have agreed to review their housing target potentially reducing it by up to one third. In Silsden the current target is 1200 but my understanding is up to 800 houses have already been built or received planning permission. Besides it seems to me very premature to approve this road with the site allocation process about to begin.

2 - The comments about the impact on trees from Bradford Council's expert seem to me to be
compelling.

3 - I support the concerns expressed about the potential impact on breeding birds.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2018 : 13:42:36      reply with quote

Objection on the planning portal by Mr Gary Creighton

Name: Mr Gary Creighton

Comment Details
Commenter Type: MEMPUB - Member of the public
Stance: Customer objects to the Planning Application
Comment Reasons:

Comment:

It is not possible to object in a meaningful way to a planning application. There is no planning application for a residential development so there is no information for people to make an informed decision either for or against.

Having said that it would appear reasonable for people to think that landowners would not go to the expense of a planning application and development of a road without a very,very good chance of making a financial return.Those same people would also be reasonable in thinking a decision on a successful planning application for a housing development has already been decided and somebody has been given the nod.

This application should be refused and not even looked at until such information is included on the application to allow a reasonable argument to be made for or against.

Add your comment here

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/09/2018 : 23:42:47      reply with quote

A PUBLIC MEETING has been arranged in the Town Hall

On Thursday 27 September 2018 at 7pm

To discuss the proposed access enabling road for housing and the new school (for the land to the east of Bolton Road).

It is likely that the planning decision meeting for the road will not be held until November, so this meeting is to inform you what is proposed (it keeps changing), what it will mean to Silsden if it goes ahead, and how to object effectively to the proposals.

More details will be made available closer to the date but for now please put the date in your diary

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

07/09/2018 : 12:45:51      reply with quote

Great to hear it in the Local rag!

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/16611535.wildlife-fears-in-silsden-plan/

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 09:13:37      reply with quote

So is Cllr Whitaker initiating the Public Meeting or is Cllr Naylor?

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/16696360.public-speak-on-silsden-road/

It is VERY clear from this article that Cllr Naylor is in favour of this road proposal.

Didn’t we just know it?

One wonders if he himself is initiated the change to form the connection to the school.

Now he is suggesting their could be roundabout/drop off at it’s terminus? (he obviously knows a great deal more than he is saying..He has been dribble feeding us all along...didn’t i tell you?)

Why wasn’t all this thought through before the school was given the go-ahead?

Is it because he is happy to form this pointless road connection to the school whilst allowing valuable green fields to be built on, before ‘brownfield sites are looked at?

I always looked on in disbelief when he attempted to argue, about costs, for the ‘ideal’ school site on the brownfield/weaverstyle land? He is obviously in favour of developing on greenfield sites, to the detriment of our community.

So which camp is he in?...Is he AGAINST (as per Silsden Town Council) or FOR it (developers & Bradford)

It will be a very interesting public meeting!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 16:43:11      reply with quote

You shouldn't believe all you read in the newspaper.

The reporting is sloppy when the date of the meeting is reported as the 17 Sept at the beginning of the article and the 27 September (the correct date0 at the end of the article.

If you had attended the Town Council Meeting on Thursday you would have heard both Ward Councillors have had meetings with Bradford Councillors about the road application, the outcome being there is no clear opinion about this application because it has been changed a number of times.

The constant changing of the application is for all to see if you look at the comments from the public and consultees.

It is also clear that quite a few people, that live in Silsden, think the application for the enabling road is about the planning approval for the school. The planning application for the new school has already been approved.

This application is about building a road across green fields to enable developers to BUILD LOTS OF HOUSES and in the process destroy as many mature trees as possible.

A public meeting is very necessary to inform the residents of Silsden the facts about this shameful application which will destroy Silsden as we know it.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 17:37:21      reply with quote

Yes, your right Peter..dont believe a word from the local Rag...that’s why i do my own surmising based on my professional experiences and gained knowledge.

I purposely didnt attend the TC meeting because having read the agenda realised that their wasn’t anything worth attending for...but then i must’nt believe anything i read!!

I have an inclin we wont find out much about this proposal at the meeting unless either Bradford turn up or the developers. Until a proper plan is submitted for housing then it’s likely to be pretty much heresay.

If the meeting is primarily about telling folk its not about the school..then its probably another waste of my public time, like the last one we had! It should be run like a workshop/drop in session not as a audience with a comedian who thinks they have the answers, but clearly don’t!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 18:05:40      reply with quote

Corky a little bit of info for you and others. some time ago when I contacted the agents I was told that it was the highways dept that told them to change the plans so the road ran down to Hawber cote lane, they also told me that they thought that there would be a turn around where the road met Hawber cote lane and this would give access to the school. My wife wrote to the highways dept asking about the junction of the roads, they said that there could be a short one way section which would prevent the new housing from using Hawber cote lane, Banklands lane and the Dale view junction. This is information from the people who will be making the decisions and not hearsay.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 20:27:20      reply with quote

With respects Victor..whatever has been said to yourself or your wife is heresay!
We all know how things have changed with this project..so until we have it in black and white, in front of us it doesn’t matter what folk have heard or say. A planning application has to be serious and this is one such submission which will change a part of Silsden and the north pennine landscape as a whole. The application has changed to what it is, caused much confusion, and we can only go on what has been presently submitted.
Heresay is damaging, Bradford should not be talking to minorities without that being fielded to the wider affected community. I’m surprised that despite you and your wifes great efforts with the leaflets, confusion of what this application is about is very apparent, noticed by the comments on the portal!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 20:56:47      reply with quote

Corky I have a letter from the highways dept stating what I have posted about the one way street, next time I see you I will show you it.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

08/09/2018 : 22:36:23      reply with quote

posted by victor
Corky I have a letter from the highways dept stating what I have posted about the one way street, next time I see you I will show you it.
Victor

I believe you entirely..but the public can only go on what facts have been submitted on the planning portal until such times change!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2018 : 12:09:04      reply with quote

3 NEW documents have been put onto the Planning Portal by the developers to support the "enabling road" + one from Bradford asking for more information.

They have slightly changed the route of the road again and it looks like more trees with TPOs will be compromised.

This application is sneaky because it's for an "enabling road" and not for houses. Without the details for the houses, which the road will enable to be built, it's difficult to argue the birds habitat will be destroyed (most birds nest in the hedges). The hedges have been rubished in the report so when the plans for the houses are put in they will be considered of no value??????

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2018 : 20:23:09      reply with quote

posted by Peter
3 NEW documents have been put onto the Planning Portal by the developers to support the "enabling road" + one from Bradford asking for more information.

They have slightly changed the route of the road again and it looks like more trees with TPOs will be compromised.

This application is sneaky because it's for an "enabling road" and not for houses. Without the details for the houses, which the road will enable to be built, it's difficult to argue the birds habitat will be destroyed (most birds nest in the hedges). The hedges have been rubished in the report so when the plans for the houses are put in they will be considered of no value??????

Having real trouble viewing the documents.

Every other tab works apart from the documents tab!!

Any ideas?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/09/2018 : 20:40:44      reply with quote

Works fine for me,you thought about clearing your cookies.Browsers will normally clear cookies that reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with web sites or your browser.

Replies in this thread : 51
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > SAVE OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRYSIDE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to