Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > 223 Houses/Land off Belton Road 18/03304/MAR

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : 223 Houses/Land off Belton Road 18/03304/MAR

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 12:56:21      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

A letter has just popped through our door!

So it is my understanding, from the letter, that this application didnít submit an environmental impact assessment as part of its application!

Bradford Have trully ballsed up big time, and let the residents of Silsden down.

You know very well that this is just protocol and that no matter what you say now will not stop that application getting approval.

Bradford Planning Dept are not fit for purpose.

...or can we stop it?

What are your thoughts?

click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 15:22:03      reply with quote

so basically the education department has pointed out that there are not enough primary school places in the area to accommodate the amount of children likely at this development, who knew!!! secondary education would not be an issue but on the local schools mentioned, south craven is not one of them.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 16:10:06      reply with quote

Interesting

The document from the planning application
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18_03304_MAR-CONSULTEE__CLAIRE_MARSHALL-SWALES_EDUCATION_SCH_ORGANISATION-5231589-_1_.pdf

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 17:03:47      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Interesting

The document from the planning application
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18_03304_MAR-CONSULTEE__CLAIRE_MARSHALL-SWALES_EDUCATION_SCH_ORGANISATION-5231589-_1_.pdf

Do you think that they will put forward an argument to expand Silsdenís new school straight away?

Iím pretty sure that many of us put forward our argument to Bradford about the school places issue..many times over!

Regarding the secondary school Oakbank..surely this is a two bus journey..so is not easily accessible?

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 17:39:35      reply with quote

I managed two buses to school 60 years ago. Similar trip, country to town then up a hill to school on edge of town. No school run in those days.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 18:28:45      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
I managed two buses to school 60 years ago. Similar trip, country to town then up a hill to school on edge of town. No school run in those days.
I know Old Miner...but bus services arenít what they used to be...and arenít as cheap either!
I was going to be charged £4.70 oneway from Silsden to Addingham (stop near Roundabout, close to bypass) other Sunday. Thats around £15.00 one way for two adults and two young ones!

In shock..we decided not to pay, so got off bus and took the car instead!

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2018 : 20:22:01      reply with quote

Given that the South Craven students are transported to and from school, might the same not happen to transport them to the schools mentioned in the document?

Out of interest, I was one of the first cohort to attend Oakbank school when it opened at Easter 1964. It was also two buses from Crosshills, for which we were given passes to travel on scheduled service buses. Didn't seem too big a deal at the time.

Oakbank Grammar (as it was initially named), replaced the Boys Grammar School (recently demolished and currently the green space in the middle of Keighley), which was badly damaged by fire in 1962. In some of the worse affected areas of the school, life went on with blackened walls and buckled floors.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2018 : 22:02:54      reply with quote

posted by Corky Yorky
posted by old_miner
I was going to be charged £4.70 oneway from Silsden to Addingham (stop near Roundabout, close to bypass) other Sunday.
K DAY

Travel all day, as many times as you like on any Keighley Bus Company bus!

K DAY costs just £4.30 (£4.90 before 0930 on Mondays to Fridays). Just ask your driver for a K DAY ticket.

K DAY can be used all around Keighley and on theSHUTTLE into Bradford, Aireline into Leeds, the 62 to Ilkley and Otley, and many more. You can also use a K DAY on Mainline M4 between Keighley and Colne, and on the Witchway between Skipton and Barnoldswick.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2018 : 23:52:53      reply with quote

Isn't this getting a bit far off topic?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2018 : 01:24:38      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Isn't this getting a bit far off topic?

Well if Silsden kids end up at Oakbank we council tax payers will be paying for free school transport

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > 223 Houses/Land off Belton Road 18/03304/MAR  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to