Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Cession of Blood collection in Silsden

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : Cession of Blood collection in Silsden

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 14:40:48      reply with quote

I've today had a reply from the blood collection service as to why they are no longer holding collection sessions in Silsden.
They say that because of the way Hospitals now do operations, i.e. more key hole surgery; they do not need as much blood, but they are still collecting to much, and because the blood can only be stored for 35 days; before it has to be thrown away, this is a waste of time, money.
They don't like to inconvenience the donors, but this is the most cost effective way of doing it.
I was assured that any money saved will stay in the N.H.S.
click for more information

cars
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2017 : 19:03:08      reply with quote

so your saying stop giving blood? ( I have been giving it twice a year since I was 26 & they have never said anything to me )

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2017 : 09:19:29      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You will have to go to Keighley on Monday

We still have appointments available at the upcoming session in Keighley and we'd be delighted if you could come along.

If you have a free hour and could make a donation it could provide the all-important transfusion that saves or improves somebody's life.

To find your appointment, please call 0300 123 23 23 at your local rate, or use our online booking service at www.blood.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2017 : 11:43:30      reply with quote

posted by cars
so your saying stop giving blood? ( I have been giving it twice a year since I was 26 & they have never said anything to me )
Oh dear, trust you to take this attitude!
No I did not say stop donating blood, they say they have been getting more than they need so to reduce both costs and the amount they get, they have reluctantly taken the decision to concentrate the sessions.
I have also donated blood, for 48 years and in that time have managed to make 145 donations; I would still be doing so if they would let me.
My daughter told me about the changes last time she donated at Silsden, so I contacted the blood service to find out the facts.

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Cession of Blood collection in Silsden  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to