Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > mounting kerb to park

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : mounting kerb to park

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

17/07/2017 : 13:04:40      reply with quote

mounting kerb to park,its a fine if you do this in london and its being pushed to make it illegal all over england,heck that would clear the roads round silsden,especially bridge st and drivers hill. 'happy :)');
click for more information

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

17/07/2017 : 18:46:24      reply with quote

Doggy, as far as i am aware mounting & running a vehicle along a pavement, whether to park or not, is totally illegal & the police can issue a fixed penalty for this offence & this may also include another fixed penalty for causing an obstruction. There may also be a further offence of causing damage to a pavement. I was convicted in court of parking on the pavement in 1976, fined 5.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

17/07/2017 : 20:06:33      reply with quote

Some years ago; I was informed by a West Yorkshire traffic officer that provided no obstruction was involved, parking on the footpath was not an offence, but driving on one was.
when I asked him how you got onto the footpath without driving there, he just shrugged his shoulders.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/07/2017 : 09:51:00      reply with quote

Councils have always claimed to be short of money.Around 1980 it was obvious an increase in CAR ownership making parking parking hard the cheap option to provide parking for residents on Cornwall Ave was to tarmac the grass verge to allow cars to park with 2 wheels off the road.It doesn't obstruct the wide pavement and allows free movement of cars and emergency vehicles.
Is anybody seriously suggesting people should now be fined on Cornwall Ave for using council provided parking?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

18/07/2017 : 10:51:11      reply with quote

if its made for parking it should be ok as the pavement is separate and not obstructed.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/07/2017 : 11:00:27      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
if its made for parking it should be ok as the pavement is separate and not obstructed.
Originally Cornwall Ave was Cul de Sac with a turning point at the end.A dropped kerb passing place was added near the end.It was after the new houses were built residents asked for the whole road to be provided with dropped curb parking but the cost was too high and the solution was to fill the grass verges.How would you prove it was made for parking.There are not too many of us around now that remember

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

18/07/2017 : 17:36:14      reply with quote

I remember this happening gazzer as it was one of my first successful requests as a then parish councillor

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

18/07/2017 : 20:14:52      reply with quote

Yes, and they did the same with both Kent and Gloucester Ave's.

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > mounting kerb to park  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to