Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > SILSDEN TOWN HALL - Consultation 5pm - 8pm, Mon 16 January 2017

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : SILSDEN TOWN HALL - Consultation 5pm - 8pm, Mon 16 January 2017

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/01/2017 : 10:48:34      reply with quote

There will be a consultation, about the Bradford proposal for asset transfer of Silsden Town Hall, organised by Mark Davies (Operations Manager, Bradford Theatres, Public Halls)

THE MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE
Monday 16 January 5pm - 8pm in Silsden Town Hall

More information

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Budget-Proposal-Letter-Public-Halls.pdf

THAT'S TONIGHT
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

16/01/2017 : 12:43:27      reply with quote

I have asked the Council to bring the title deeds tonight so could everyone ask to see them and ask what the original deal was between the trustees and Silsden Urban District Council. Remember the land was given by Lord Hothfield for a nominal sum to the people of Silsden, not for Bradford Council to profit from.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/01/2017 : 12:29:24      reply with quote

To those that attended the meeting last night, what conclusions did you come to?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

17/01/2017 : 19:04:05      reply with quote

posted by midway
To those that attended the meeting last night, what conclusions did you come to?
I made a mistake in thinking it was a public consultation but it was a user's consultation. Bradford Council have no plans to hold a meeting for Public Consultation!!!
Cllr Naylor was there but in the time I was there the absent Cllr's were once again, well absent.

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

18/01/2017 : 20:03:56      reply with quote

Please don't forget to complete and submit the budget consultation response form, and sign the petition against community asset transfer of the town hall, if you're planning to do so. Every one may count.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

18/01/2017 : 21:27:46      reply with quote

posted by Ockin Peron
Please don't forget to complete and submit the budget consultation response form, and sign the petition against community asset transfer of the town hall, if you're planning to do so. Every one may count.
I know what you are saying and your right saying sign the petition.However at the back of my mind is the fact we are talking about Bradford Council

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2017 : 20:16:19      reply with quote

Friends chairman, Ray Colling, said "Dear All, here is an update of our campaign to Save Silsden Town Hall.
Thank you everybody for a massive effort with the petition. I collected 446 signatures on Friday, bringing our total to almost 1800. I know there are more to come in, so letís try and reach 2000. I have also received 23 more completed forms, which brings that total to 53. We are getting there, but more would be really good. I have asked for details of how many postal and online submissions have been made.
Positive discussions have now started with Silsden Town Council regarding the idea widely supported at the Public meeting, that a contribution is made from the Precept to help secure the future of the Town Hall.
This week Adam Renton, Head of Bradford Theatres, is visiting the Town Hall, to make an assessment as to whether he thinks it is feasible for the ballroom to be offered for hire as part of Bradford Theatre activities. We think he will be very surprised when he sees the facilities on offer in the Town Hall, and hopefully he will support our ideas in this respect.
On February 7 the campaign team will be presenting the petition to the Executive Committee Members of Bradford Council. These are the Councillors who will be making recommendations on the budget proposal to offer Silsden Town Hall as a Community Asset Transfer. I am hoping to be able to give a 5 minute presentation in support of the FSTH position against CAT, together with offering ideas for a future action plan to secure the Town Hallís future. This is a public meeting 10.30am, City Hall, Tuesday 7th February, so any support would be welcome.
February 9th is the closing date for final submission of petitions and consultation forms.
We had 3 letters in the Keighley News last week Ė just a few words in support of the Town Hall will keep us in the eyes of Bradford Council : write to Alistair.shand@keighleynews.co.uk
We are still trying to ensure public support from our 3 district councillors : Adrian.naylor@bradford.gov.uk Andrew.mallinson@bradford.gov.uk jack.rickard@bradford.gov.uk They will have a vote on Feb 23rd. If you could write asking for their support in opposing CAT and the position of the Friends, that would be great.
February 23rd is the meeting of the full council to make decisions on the budget proposals. I will let you know the outcome for Silsden Town Hall".

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2017 : 20:45:12      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well done FSTH, great effort. I do hope STC can support it by committing some of the local precept, if nearly 2000 townspeople are in favour of the petition, this shows that some of our money can be spent on this worthwhile project. Time for us to have a say in how our money is spent locally to benefit the town.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

23/02/2017 : 10:08:32      reply with quote

Stockbridge depot saved but Bradford Council cuts to community halls and other services set to go ahead

Last-ditch pleas to protect both bowling greens and community halls from cuts were made.

However, premises including Silsden Town Hall, Holden Hall at Oakworth and Denholme Mechanics' Institute will close unless groups take them over.

The executive agreed a £100,000 fund to support groups seeking to take on the community assets.

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/15108680.Stockbridge_depot_saved_but_Bradford_Council_cuts_to_community_halls_and_other_services_set_to_go_ahead/

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > SILSDEN TOWN HALL - Consultation 5pm - 8pm, Mon 16 January 2017  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to