Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Silsden Town Hall

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : Silsden Town Hall

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2016 : 22:36:30      reply with quote

For sale.Unwanted gift to Bradford Council from the people of Silsden.

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/14935429.Revealed__the_seven_town_and_village_halls_under_threat_as_part_of___82m_budget_cuts/
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2016 : 22:46:42      reply with quote

Some of us didn't want the Town Hall refurbished in the first place - just a reminder of what went on in 2012

news.silsden.net/history/town-hall-refurb/town-hall-refurbishment-to-make-it-disabled-compliant

... and some of the consequences the decision to refurbish the TH has had:

news.silsden.net/category/history/town-hall-refurb

news.silsden.net/category/history/wesley-place-library

sad :( sad :( sad :(

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2016 : 22:59:00      reply with quote

The other halls at risk are Denholme Mechanics Institute, Holden Hall in Oakworth, Keighley, Kirklands Community Centre in Menston and Silsden Town Hall.

The Telegraph & Argus asked for the estimated value and current running costs of each building, but neither were supplied.
Says it all really!!!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2016 : 23:12:15      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Some of us didn't want the Town Hall refurbished in the first place - just a reminder of what went on in 2012

news.silsden.net/history/town-hall-refurb/town-hall-refurbishment-to-make-it-disabled-compliant

We wanted it refurbished to proper standards without selling other vital assets to pay for it

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2016 : 07:14:56      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by Peter

We wanted it refurbished to proper standards without selling other vital assets to pay for it
Could not agree more Gazzer. The "renovation" work has been done to a poor standard and the former town hall with require a lot more work in the near future.

Corky Yorky
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2016 : 09:27:13      reply with quote

I am really surprised by Peters and Gazzers comments on the Town Hall.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for not supporting our Lovely Town.

The Town Hall is a lovely building and is used by many folk. We should all be proud of it and aim to do the best to ensure it is kept within our community for our Community.

If you were to fully understand the legal compliance of the building regulations act in accordance with heritage buildings you will find that it is fully DDA compliant in every respect.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2016 : 09:35:34      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Corky Yorky

If you were to fully understand the legal compliance of the building regulations act in accordance with heritage buildings you will find that it is fully DDA compliant in every respect.
I have completed may DDA compliant projects and I agree with the statements Bradford Council made at the time and its not quite DDA compliant. Under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 it is not a listed building and internal works do not affect the fact that it is in a conservation area.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2016 : 20:29:05      reply with quote

posted by Corky Yorky

The Town Hall is a lovely building and is used by many folk. We should all be proud of it and aim to do the best to ensure it is kept within our community for our Community.

So will YOU be leading the fight to take over the Town Hall?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2016 : 22:48:47      reply with quote

On the Town Hall friends website it says the Council(Silsden UDC) were handed the management of the hall by the trustee's.So is it Bradford Councils to sell and what were the terms of that agreement

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 10:20:58      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
posted by Corky Yorky

So will YOU be leading the fight to take over the Town Hall?
Surely it is up to STC to sort this out? They will be offered the option to take it over, and they represent the town. I know they seem not to be keen on the town hall, but there is money in the coffers, they did not want to support the toilets which closed down, but what is the local precept for? Just to keep the balance mounting up every year?
It is not up to individual citizens to do the job of STC. We pay the precept, but are never asked if we support anything. And some people might support paying a little bit more to keep local facilities going, what are we paying now? About 17 a year I think, not a lot if it's doubled!
And the town is growing, local facilities will be needed even more in the future.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 11:03:34      reply with quote

Surely it is up to STC to sort this out? They will be offered the option to take it over, and they represent the town. I know they seem not to be keen on the town hall, but there is money in the coffers, they did not want to support the toilets which closed down, but what is the local precept for? Just to keep the balance mounting up every year?

It is not up to individual citizens to do the job of STC. We pay the precept, but are never asked if we support anything. And some people might support paying a little bit more to keep local facilities going, what are we paying now? About 17 a year I think, not a lot if it's doubled!

And the town is growing, local facilities will be needed even more in the future.
I suggest you go to the STC meeting tonight and ask for an adjournment - you will then get the opportunity to put your questions to Silsden Town Council.

See below (for details)
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=8874

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 11:46:06      reply with quote

I am surprised that there is not already an item on the STC agenda about this. Surely more important than old phone boxes?
Can't make it to meeting, sorry, but why can public not submit issues by email, or via this website?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 12:52:39      reply with quote

posted by dexter
I am surprised that there is not already an item on the STC agenda about this. Surely more important than old phone boxes?
Can't make it to meeting, sorry, but why can public not submit issues by email, or via this website?
The proposal for the cuts to community funding has only just been revealed, and any items to be discussed on the STC agenda is finalised about a week before the agenda is released.

This website is a place where you can see the STC agenda and minutes, but any views expressed here will not be officially recognised by STC. If you have a view you would like to be brought up at an STC meeting then you should inform a member of STC.

Contact details are here
www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_16/16_docs/COUNCIL_DATES_16-05-16.pdf

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 12:56:16      reply with quote

...any items to be discussed on the STC agenda is finalised about a week before the agenda is released.
Should read

...any items to be discussed on the STC agenda is finalised about a week (5 days?) before the meeting.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 13:20:18      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Why is Bradford getting rid of a building they spent 600,000 on?
I believe we all know; if we are all honest enough to say so, because it is a white elephant not fit for purpose and therefore doesn't make enough money to cover the cost of running it.
It should have been sold before they spent all the money on it.
The Town Council wanted to take over Wesley place and rebuild it as a community centre fit for all the community to use, but Bradford refused to give, or even sell at a reasonable price.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 17:17:56      reply with quote

it didnot take long for mallinsons tower to fall. beware you reap what you sow, bfd wont pay for the upkeep they always hoped the town council were daft enough to take on this white elephant. was not fit for purpose before they wasted in excess of 600,000. silsden needs a building fit for the 21st centuary not the 19th.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2016 : 17:28:42      reply with quote

The silence from Mallinson if deafening!

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2016 : 06:55:33      reply with quote

posted by grandad
The silence from Mallinson if deafening!
I cannot prove/disprove this, but look at the second comment on this article.
www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14937681.Silsden_Town_Hall_under_threat_as_part_of_Council_s___92m_budget_cuts/?ref=fbshr

blob
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2016 : 07:30:32      reply with quote

That's Corky York I think.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2016 : 07:35:24      reply with quote

posted by blob
That's Corky York I think.
As I said "I can't prove/disprove it."

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/12/2016 : 08:16:07      reply with quote

Have a look back at comments from Yorky.Everyone is anti Town Council or anti Cllr Naylor.Its a personal vendetta but the comments are easily proved incorrect and meaningless and in fact I just have a good laugh at them.
solid wood flooring

midway
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2016 : 19:38:50      reply with quote

History of Silsden Town Hall
www.silsdentownhall.org.uk/history-of-our-town-hall/

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2016 : 20:05:32      reply with quote

yep in the days there where parties, dances and bands on most weekends even wedding receptions,including my own.but the one about the council meetings held at the coop if that is true its diabolicle unless there is some underlining issue we dont know about.im sure it will come out on here if there is . 'sad :(');

midway
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2016 : 21:25:09      reply with quote

For starters, you wouldn't expect to be charged for holding council meetings in the Town Hall would you?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2016 : 22:32:15      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
.but the one about the council meetings held at the coop if that is true its diabolicle unless there is some underlining issue we dont know about.im sure it will come out on here if there is . 'sad :(');
Silsden UDC had its own office and chamber in Wesley Place next to the Catholic Church.Bradford Council sold these offices and in order to move the furnishings into the Town Hall, they closed the Public Reading room. We all know Mallinsons dislike of all things Silsden Town Council and you can only imagine his thoughts of selling another asset, the library and moving that function into the council chamber in the Town Hall and removing the Town Council furnishings.Thanks to Bradford Council the council chambers have had a nomadic existence. We are we we are because IMHO of Mallinson and the fact that his mate lost out in a council election that would have provided a seat on the gravy train for a bloke from Shipley and instead we got someone local who was only in it to serve locals.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

04/12/2016 : 11:03:50      reply with quote

Doggy, if you look at the conditions Bradford have put on anyone using the Town Hall you will see it is impossible for the Town Council to hold a meeting there AND comply with Bradford's conditions.
that's why they hold their meetings elsewhere, and the Co-op offered their board room free for the council to use.
The only time there was any stock in the same room was when the building's lift broke down and the Co-op couldn't get the stock up to where it is usually stored.
My advice is do not believe anything coming from Mallinson or dorky yorky.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/12/2016 : 11:51:09      reply with quote

grandad can you please be more specific. quote " if you look at the conditions Bradford have put on anyone using the Town Hall you will see it is impossible for the Town Council to hold a meeting there AND comply with Bradford's conditions." or show the conditions, thank you.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

04/12/2016 : 15:17:12      reply with quote

Bradford insist that anyone using the Town Hall is responsible for the safety of all of the people in the hall.
Because the hall is not D.D.A. compliant it is unable to have more than two wheelchairs upstairs and there must be enough fit persons present to be able to carry disabled persons down the fire escape.
Therefore the council when in a meeting are unable to monitor the rest of the hall, and can't comply with the requirements in the regulations.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

04/12/2016 : 16:19:26      reply with quote

whats up with the rooms downstairs on the left as you go in ?

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 10:34:33      reply with quote

Doggy, if you read my post? You will see it is ALL of the Town Hall hireres are responsible for.
The council can't conduct a meeting and control how comes and goes in the rest of the hall.
Also there isn't enough people to comply with the evacuation rules.
The Town Hall is not fit for purpose.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 13:05:04      reply with quote

Doggy this man makes decisions on Silsden Town Council, sometimes I do despair.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 13:59:52      reply with quote

Note, Victor is on of Mallinson's mob.
If anybody wants proof just read Bradford's hirers forms.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 16:45:21      reply with quote

Please stop trying to score points of one another, it isn't helping the situation one bit.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 21:51:57      reply with quote

Midway, I was only answering your question, there was no need for Victor to say what he did.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2016 : 21:58:28      reply with quote

Just an idea but normally the ward councillors(Mallinson and Rickard) would be expected to attend STC meetings.However they refuse point blank to attend.Perhaps if they will not attend the actual meeting they could act as fit persons and monitor the rest of the Town Hall.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2016 : 17:39:52      reply with quote

gazzer messers mallinson and rickard are also invited to addingham and steeton parish council meetings as the also represent them, dont think they attend them either. should sack the pair of em. only adrian naylor attends the meetings when he is available. maybe people should start and ask what meetings our tory council representatives attend. as i said previously silsden needs a building fit for the 21st century.

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > Silsden Town Hall  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to