Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Silsden Surgery

Replies in this thread : 13

Author

Topic : Silsden Surgery

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

19/10/2016 : 16:25:07      reply with quote

Is anyone else having problems calling Silsden Surgery. Ichose "any other queries button and it just gets a ringing tone and nobody answers.
click for more information

BarryT
Website Member

Website Member

20/10/2016 : 15:41:04      reply with quote

When you choose the option to make an appointment it goes to a strange bleeping sound, this tells you that you are queuing, so don't ring off, might be the same for all options.

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

21/10/2016 : 12:39:12      reply with quote

Yes this is the same noise I am getting, thank you for your reply.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 11:18:06      reply with quote

does anyone know why the receptionist asks what is wrong with you when you ask for an appointment ,and when you tell them they make a decision wether you need to see nurse-doctor or have a call back,do they have any qualifications to do this.

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 16:09:42      reply with quote

they are not qualified professionals however they will work to a plan set out by the doctors - they are only doing what the doctor's ask them to do so that the illest people get seen first. They are bound by confidentiality rules and would lose their jobs if caught talking about patients.
They may be regarded as dragons guarding the precious doctors by some but they do a very difficult job answering phones to some very unwell people and to some people who should not be trying to book appointments at all.

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 16:26:19      reply with quote

That's what I'd like to know. Why should they decide if you see a doctor or not.
Some people are embarrassed about discussing personal details, thus resulting in them not getting an appointment, which in turn could prove fatal.
Also when at the reception with people in the waiting room, should we have to give our name, address AND date of birth within earshot of everyone there.
Surely these details in the wrong hands would be useful to someone to commit fraud.
We had more privacy in the old building, even in the portacabins.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 19:34:56      reply with quote

yes steetonblue you said it "see the illest people first" are they qualified to know how ill a person is and whats best for them and who is the illest,,dont think so. 'sad :(');

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 20:26:32      reply with quote

At the last CQC assessment (2016) of the local practice, they got a "Good" rating, and I have never had a problem in 14 years going there. They have looked after me really well, and I do not object to the way they work at all. Have some faith in them, they do a good job in difficult circumstances...

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2017 : 21:14:50      reply with quote

Traveller, if you know they will always ask for those personal details, why don't you write them down and hand it to them when they ask?
Then nobody can overhear it.

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2017 : 00:43:48      reply with quote

Thanks Grandad, will try that next time.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2017 : 08:44:46      reply with quote

posted by dexter
At the last CQC assessment (2016) of the local practice, they got a "Good" rating, and I have never had a problem in 14 years going there. They have looked after me really well, and I do not object to the way they work at all. Have some faith in them, they do a good job in difficult circumstances...
they certainly do a good job never said any different they have been great over the 45 years ive used them,it was just this one issue i disagreed with and have talked to people who think the same.

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2017 : 09:59:23      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

photoman
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2017 : 10:19:47      reply with quote

Whenever you make an appointment to see a Doctor you are not obliged to reveal what wrong with you. Just say it is personal which you would rather discuss with the Doctor. We are friends with someone who is a Practice Manager (not Silsden) and you are quite within your right not to disclose symptoms with the receptionist and you will still be able to see a Doctor.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/03/2017 : 12:21:49      reply with quote

at airedale today great service in and out in 10 mins,but while having a coffee a young lady came up to me and asked if i would answer some questions on the nhs in general,when i mentioned about receptionist asking whats wrong with you and then making an asumption of wether you need a call, appointment etc,and not being qualified, she said that was at the top of their list of complaints they get., 'sad :(');

Replies in this thread : 13

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Silsden Surgery  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to