Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > New School at Drabble House.

Replies in this thread : 139
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : New School at Drabble House.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2016 : 19:22:37      reply with quote

It's no secret that Brad-Met intend to build the new school at Drabble house farm. In order to keep everyone up to date with the progress so far ( has i have been told ) Brad- Met has purchased part of the a joining field, this is to necessitate an entrance onto the site, i'm told this is bye way of Hawber Cote Drive, with an exit on Middleway. A one way system is to be introduced starting from Banklands ave, Hawber Cote Drive and then exiting on Middleway, residents access and parking only is to be introduced on the one way system. a number of trees are to be removed, most have TPOs. The electric pylons are going to be repositioned and the foot path at the end of Banklands Lane is to be widened. The School is intended to accommodate a 1000 pupils with a completion date 2021.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2016 : 19:37:52      reply with quote

Ultimate exit back into Silsden via Clog Bridge. Other than knowing how stupid the council are you couldnt make it up

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2016 : 19:48:50      reply with quote

Can you imagine if someone living on Middleway was not feeling too well or maybe elderly and had to pop down to Howden Rd Stores in their car.The journey home via Kirkgate/Bolton Rd!!!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2016 : 20:31:44      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Midway a few weeks ago when I was told of this information I contacted Adrian Naylor and he told me that there are six possible access routes which could be used for the proposed new school. No decision has been made and it could take up to three years to make that decision.
I hope a member of Silsden town council could confirm what I have said as this would stop all the rumours.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/02/2016 : 22:14:45      reply with quote

Since when did Bradford keep Silsden Town Council informed about anything?.

They will need more than a 1,000 school places

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 08:23:11      reply with quote

If it is a combined school - junior & infants, Silsden needs 1000 places now, not in a POSSIBLE 5 years. When do Bradford met EVER keep to their promises, let alone their timescales and budgets?

Access to that is impossible and would involve major changes to a conservation area, known for a wide range of protected species.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 09:11:21      reply with quote

Gazzer as usual blame Brad council for keeping us in the dark ,it is one of our town councillors who was negotiating the purchase of the extra land from Drabble house. As with most things they don't want us to know until it is too late to do anything about it, most people in Silsden are unaware that the town council want to develop the old library and Wesley place building.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 10:02:08      reply with quote

posted by victor

... most people in Silsden are unaware that the town council want to develop the old library and Wesley place building.
There is nothing secret about wanting to save one of the few public buildings left in Silsden wesleyplace.org.uk/

... and if you look at the end of the first page you will see the group wanting to save the area for the community is not just Silsden Town Council.

Sorry but I couldn't let that comment go by, please continue with the topic about the school.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 10:37:38      reply with quote

I am sorry Peter but I stated a FACT and you stated an opinion.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 10:41:47      reply with quote

gazzer is right, where are Bradford going to put the kids until the new school is built.
Why should it take five years to build a school?
I would suggest Bradford stop the proposed sale of the youth club and use the building as an annex to the combined school until the new one is built.
And no the Town council have not been told anything about the new school.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 10:49:32      reply with quote

Grandad why don't you ask councillor Naylor, or the other councillor who was doing the negotiations about it, or don't Silsden councillors talk to each other.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 11:14:10      reply with quote

posted by victor
I am sorry Peter but I stated a FACT and you stated an opinion.
You must be more precise about which FACT you are talking about when you put several statements in the same sentence.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 11:22:55      reply with quote

posted by victor
Grandad why don't you ask councillor Naylor, or the other councillor who was doing the negotiations about it, or don't Silsden councillors talk to each other.
I doubt councillors can do negotiations on behalf of Bradford Council.He may query if the land was for sale but Bradford have not cut back staff to the extent councillors are doing actual work.

I am interested though who the other councillor is.Would it be the one who until last year lived within a hundred yards of the proposed new school before leaving the area?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 11:34:48      reply with quote

Peter the fact is that most people in Silsden know nothing about the Library and Wesley place project.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 11:37:38      reply with quote

Gazzer it is not that councillor it is one of Silsden Town councillors, I suggest you contact councillor Naylor for more information as I did.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 12:26:35      reply with quote

Have you considered the governors of both Aire View and Hothfield Street Schools might have been consulted about a new school, but they would have been constricted about making any plans public until negotiations on extra land and access was completed?

I don't think it's a secret, you just have to ask the right questions of people that know.

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 13:33:32      reply with quote

By the sounds of all the comments on this topic - its time to get out of this godforesaken place!!!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 14:02:42      reply with quote

Just to put the record straight, negotiations to buy the land are not yet completed, nor are they being undertaken by any Silsden Councilors. ( not suppositions but facts) as told to me re phone call today.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 14:10:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by BubbyVee
By the sounds of all the comments on this topic - its time to get out of this godforesaken place!!!
As someone who has lived in Silsden all my life, I have been thinking the same for some time, but where do you go? I'm looking at going to cumbria.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 15:10:15      reply with quote

posted by GAMEKEEPER
posted by BubbyVee
As someone who has lived in Silsden all my life, I have been thinking the same for some time, but where do you go? I'm looking at going to cumbria.
Having lived on Cornwall Avenue for almost 50 years I guess it would be Cornwall!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 15:56:25      reply with quote

Peter how can you say that it is right for negotiations about land and access is completed before people who it will effect are told about it.
Midway I have been told by Two people that a member of Silsden council and an employee of brad council had talks with Margaret about the sale of the extra land. The silsden councillor might not be negotiating now but he made the first approach.
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 16:22:28      reply with quote

I know if I was selling land around here I wouldn't be doing it by pubic debate, and if I was buying I would definitely want to keep it to myself.

Too many conspiracy theories!!!!

It would be nice to know Bradford had a strategy in place, but I don't think they do, or they would not be considering building a school where half the population of Silsden will have to use a car to get their children to school. This plan will cause total gridlock every morning and afternoon.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 17:32:38      reply with quote

posted by victor
If Silsden Town council had been told the details about the new school? It would be in the minutes of the meeting, It is not! so the Council have not been told.
So get off your high horse and stop trying to make out you know everything.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 17:37:32      reply with quote

victor if you know who the councillor is why hide the fact? or are you trying to stir something out of nothing. gazzer Cllr mallinson only met with the council officers re the school once, Adrian Naylor and myself met on numerous occasions to try and move a suggestion along with the portfolio holder and then officers. when I left bfd last may I was emailed by the officers who we had been dealing with and asked could I arrange a meeting with mrs bailey and the council to see if any land could be purchased. this is because mrs baileys family had the other land compulsory purchased in the 50s ,as I have known mrs bailey all my life the council knew I was probably the best person to open talks, I attended the first meeting with bfd and mrs bailey. what was said is between mrs bailey and bfd, when information is for public knowledge no doubt bfd will tell us. as of that meeting I have not spoken to either party as it is nothing to do with me or anybody else.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2016 : 18:24:35      reply with quote

Thank you Skippy, all I wanted was someone from Silsden town council to admit they new about the new school scheme and to keep people informed as to the proposals.
Grandad why are you always denying knowing anything about things unless it is in writing ? The new school, the Flood barrier.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2016 : 18:01:14      reply with quote

Victor, IF you could just read my post you would see I at no time have said I didn't know about the new school! What I said was the Town council have not been informed about it or it would have been in the minutes.
Stop trying to make out there is anything untoward going on, when there isn't.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2016 : 19:36:50      reply with quote

Grandad how can you say " And no the Town council have not been told anything about the new school" and then say " at no time have I said I diden't know about the new school" ?.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

10/02/2016 : 18:10:22      reply with quote

------ skippy---- can i please have clarification on your recent reply, specifically and i quote.
" Adrian Naylor and myself met on numerous occasions to try and move a suggestion along with the portfolio holder and then officers."
Question? who is the portfolio holder.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 11:38:37      reply with quote

Right i got it sorted. A Portfolio Holder has been given authority to take decisions , after undertaking the necessary consultation.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 12:53:22      reply with quote

Midway as any decision made will effect you me and a lot more people a great deal, should we not be consulted,? or don't we matter.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 14:09:38      reply with quote

posted by victor
Grandad how can you say " And no the Town council have not been told anything about the new school" and then say " at no time have I said I diden't know about the new school" ?.
Victor, CAN't you see there is a difference between what I personally know and what the Town council know officially?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 16:17:50      reply with quote

midway Cllr ralph berry was the portfolio holder, victor the new school will affect loads of people, and I assume Bradford will go out to consultation as and when they have something to consult on, hope this helps.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 17:52:09      reply with quote

Thank you Skippy as usual very helpful and no playing with words.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 18:18:31      reply with quote

Thank you skippy, let's look on the bright side victor, our property has got to go up in value being so close to the school, and we'll be able to open a tuck shop or sell ice creams over the back fence.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 19:28:21      reply with quote

good idea middy open a tuck shop in your garage,im sure me and hillbilly will call for a lollipop now and thenlaugh :D

victor
Website Member

Website Member

11/02/2016 : 19:51:19      reply with quote

Me too

Replies in this thread : 139
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > New School at Drabble House.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to