Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Strolls

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : Silsden Strolls

Allan
Website Member

Website Member

09/03/2015 : 22:03:44      reply with quote

The first two of these FREE short circular walks entirely within Silsden parish have been published in paper form and are available free of charge at The King's Arms, the Co-op, Twiggs news-agency, Rowlands chemist, the Post office and the Health Centre; and in Addingham and Crosshills Health Centres and pharmacies. The libraries of the three towns also have copies for photocopying.

You can also get them (and those still on the way) from either allan@silstrolls.org.uk, or akf2008@hotmail.co.uk. Strolls 3/4 will appear at the end of this month in these places.

Subsequent Strolls will be available via email or online only, though the SilsStrolls website is still under construction. I hope to produce a total of at least eight Strolls of between 3 and 4 miles, as well as four longer Strides of about 7 miles; and to revive the former Silsden Circuit, about 16 miles.

If you could spare a moment, having taken (and done) a Stroll, feedback either good or critical would be appreciated.

Allan Friswell
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

09/03/2015 : 23:44:41      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I've spotted the new Silsden strolls markers Allan,looks like you have been busy, thank you.
Allan have you any knowledge if the foot path up to white crag house as been altered ,(marked in red ). thank you.

Contains OS data Crown copyright

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

10/03/2015 : 22:24:48      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

No the footpath has not been altered, the landowner (I don't know who he/she is) just doesn't believe it exists and thinks he can lock the gate to deter people from using the right of way. I suspect he also took down the footpath sign on the road a few years ago as well, but that can't be proved. I reported it to the footpaths officer a few years ago but no action seems to have been taken, even though she had been in touch with him about it previously. Maybe it's time to remind them again and get something done about this.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

10/03/2015 : 23:10:09      reply with quote

Too right ockin peron let's get it sorted out and back to how it should be, who do some people think they are, That has been a right of way for hundreds of years till some smart arse moves in with a few quid in their pocket and think they are above the law , We have many footpaths running through the land here and want people to enjoy it we even repair the style holoes and keep them clear for easy accesshappy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

11/03/2015 : 08:45:27      reply with quote

looks like a place to go on your next organised sunday walk midway,the more the merrier, just maybe i will be fit enough for the next one as knees are improving fastshocked 8Oshocked 8O

Allan
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2015 : 19:36:53      reply with quote

I'm afraid that the footpath in question remains as blocked as ever. I reported it to Bradford Met over two years ago and sod all has been done, although they have (tacitly) owned up to knowing about the problem of a landowner who feels he's above the law. Unfortunately the gutless attitude of Bradford Rights of Way dept means he's STILL above the law. That department is a shame on the face of local govt.Too scared / lazy / both to get out and have the path's openness enforced in court if need be.

I had to change the route of one Stroll precisely because I know of this illegal behaviour and don't want Mr and Mrs Average to suffer when on a Stroll. If I had the financial backing I'D take the bu**er to court and screw him down.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2015 : 19:48:57      reply with quote

What can a landowner do if a large group turns up with smartphone camera/videos?

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 09:21:09      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
What can a landowner do if a large group turns up with smartphone camera/videos?
Get his blunderbuss out!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 09:39:16      reply with quote

This is an announcement area.

EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS
Advertise your event here.
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION AREA, Any comments posted after event information may be deleted.
HOWEVER, additional information will be permitted (eg information updates, thanks, results etc.).
HINT include the date (of your event) in the title of your post.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 21:29:24      reply with quote

I saw these. Nice idea but don't you have to state Crown Copyright and a licence number on Ordnance Survey map extracts?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2017 : 09:53:04      reply with quote

Does anybody know the state of play with this path at the moment.Thanks

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2017 : 19:26:31      reply with quote

Yes the track is shown on all maps with no diversions, Yes it's possible you will be challenged, best to ignore the shouting but keep to the track, gates will be locked but easy enough to climb. The picture shown is direct from my GPS, should the track have been altered it would have shown so.

os data.

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Strolls  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to