Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > green wheelie bins on main st

Replies in this thread : 12

Author

Topic : green wheelie bins on main st

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

11/12/2011 : 13:48:32      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

just had an oye or too shouted at me and a bit of a confrontation for putting a cig pkt (i had just picked up off the pavement) in a green wheelie bin on the main st,the guy was sick off people putting stuff in his bin and no room for his stuff, i agree with that,but i got a brilliantshocked 8O solution ,put the bin back down the alleyway round the back where it should be and bring it out on collection day like the other 1000s of silden residents do angry!!!??? also the bins outside crazy chef should be put down the alley or round the back?
click for more information

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

11/12/2011 : 21:07:25      reply with quote

This is just outlandish behaviour, as if 1 cig packet is going to fill up his bin!

I agree wheelie bins should not be kept on the pavement on the main road, even if the frontage is somewhat set back.

Silly idiot just needs to put his bin away like the rest of us do.

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2011 : 07:35:43      reply with quote

I cannot beleive this, we too live on the main road as such, We keep our wheely bins in the front yard (this yard is outr own property) as we cannot take our bin around the back of our property.

I don't mind people using ours wheelie bins, there are no public bins down our end of the road, so I do not mind if people put a crisp packet, or a cigarette packet in rather than throwing it into our yard or on the street.

We very rarely fill our general waste bin (as we also have paper, can and glass bins, we take plastics the tip and we compost vegetable waste) so what it the harm in a couple of packets in our bin.

Rather in my bin than making the road look a state

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2011 : 11:17:28      reply with quote

Well said Hermione, much nicer for our streets. Also commend Dogcatcher for his public spirit, don't let 1 plonker put you off doing a good deed. Felt so sorry for him when reading his post yesterday that he got an earful for being so thoughtful.

shropshirelad
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2011 : 18:10:06      reply with quote

Well done Dogcatcher, I hope you had a few choice words in returnrazz :p Since the Crazy Chef has been mentioned I will also add that the bin near there and at the bus stop got mysteriously taken away and never replaced, surely a bus stop outside several food establishments needs a bin? I have often had to use the cafes bin to pop a sweet wrapper in, which I'm sure they dont mind, but why was the public bin removed?

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

12/12/2011 : 20:29:40      reply with quote

shropshire lad sorry for no contact to meet at bonfire as i had to alter my plans and missed it myself,did u make it?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2011 : 07:38:12      reply with quote

With the amount of food outlets there you would think there would be more bins provided. If we take the dog out morning, in particular at the weekend, she thinks all her birthdays have come at once with all the wrappers and discarded food (of course we do not allow her to eat it).

But not having an adequate number of bins is hardly encouraging responsible attitudes to littering.

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2011 : 17:55:23      reply with quote

Unfortunately, there are people who will walk past a bin whilst dropping litter, have seen this on a number of occassions, and yes they have been told in no uncertain terms.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

26/12/2017 : 11:37:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

well 6 years on and the bins from the flats are still left out on the main st opposite side to chinese takeaway, some overflowing with waste,owners cant be bothered to move them round the back after emptying like 1000s of other residents do,i thought it was against council policy to have bins left out on the road at all times.now we have the added bins from the flats that used to be the wine bar half blocking the pavement,i think its the mentality of people that rent flats they dont own it so they dont give a dam, 'sad :(');

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/02/2018 : 11:26:01      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

item 21 on the bin policy say all bins should be returned to there storage spot after collection,does anyone know how to complain about this not happening ,the bins on silsden main st are overflowing today and waste is blowing out, this is disgracefull and they should be kept round the back,and what an eyesore 'sad :(');its about time something was done about it!!!

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

03/02/2018 : 16:26:13      reply with quote

I totally agree with you Dogcatcher. All bins should be returned to the relevant properties within 24 hours
or the residents face a fine. Silsden is just full of abandoned wheelie bins, the back streets of Tufton and
Hothfield street are an absolute eyesore. Many residents don't seem to have any pride when it comes to where
they live which spoils it for those who do.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

17/02/2018 : 13:47:36      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

well thats got a good result half of them removed,theyve got stickers off the council on them telling them to put the bins back in there proper storage space, if not no doubt they will be fined,a result at last for lazy morons that think they dont av to adhere to rules'laugh :D');

Traveller
Website Member

Website Member

25/05/2018 : 16:07:20      reply with quote

Yesterday I witnessed a council guy on a motorbike ride up the back of Tufton street passed a load of green and grey wheelie bins. When he got to the top he posted notices on some of them which read "please return this bin to your property". This I agree with as they are a blot on the landscape left scattered all over the place. What I can't understand is why he didn't put notices on all the bins. Can anyone enlighten me please.

Replies in this thread : 12

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > green wheelie bins on main st  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to