Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to I'm looking for...... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > PD CLARKSON N 69811 - 9APRIL 1918 AGE 19

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : PD CLARKSON N 69811 - 9APRIL 1918 AGE 19

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/10/2010 : 18:58:33      reply with quote

Posted on behalf of PETEREYNS PATRICK

we are french et we stop since 20 years on the ww1 grave of a soldier wich name is CLARKSON PD;when we stop for the first time, this young soldier had , when he dies the same age as our son: 19 years old.
i have some research on web and perhaps this young soldier was born in your town; perhaps it\'s a mistake; i don\'t know;
we should like to know if there is any family now ;
this soldier was:
PD CLARKSON N 69811
ROYAL FUSILIERS
DEATH: 9APRIL 1918 AGE 19.
the grave is in the cimetery of HAUTMONT NORTH OF FRANCE;
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER
click for more information

carliol
Website Member

Website Member

16/10/2010 : 20:07:48      reply with quote

He was son of Thomas and Ellen Clarkson of Greengate Silsden Keighley Yorks
Hope someone can help trace this, what a sad story, but uplifting in that someone in France is taking so much care after all these years

greenlanes
Website Member

Website Member

19/10/2010 : 13:55:31      reply with quote

He was called Pliny Drake Clarkson. In the 1911 census, he is listed as a greengrocer's boy in Silsden.
There are still plenty of Clarksons around; it is one of the oldest names in Silsden. Pliny had brothers and sisters -Lenora,Harold, Lena and Harmon- and there are distant descendants locally. A large family tree has been drawn up by David Clarkson, son of the well-known Charlie Clarkson.
Pliny's mother belonged to the Fort family at Raikes Head; descendants are still there.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

17/09/2018 : 15:36:33      reply with quote

Email received from Corinne MacDonald

Pliny was my grandads brother. My grandad being Harold Drake Clarkson.

My mother was French and their family were the ones who were in charge and tended to the graves. My dad and his dad ( my grandad) went to visit the grave and this is where my dad met my mum and they eventually married !

My mother was called Nicole Ghislaine Vincent.

Funnily I've been trying for years to complete my family tree and get a photo of my grandad, he died when I was 5 and never seen a picture of him.

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > PD CLARKSON N 69811 - 9APRIL 1918 AGE 19  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to