Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Irresponsible Dog Ownners

Replies in this thread : 13

Author

Topic : Irresponsible Dog Ownners

albatross
Website Member

Website Member

22/01/2006 : 10:36:21      reply with quote

I know this isn`t a pleasant topic but one of the most flouted laws must be the one that requires dog owners to clean up their dog`s dirt from pavements, public places etc. There is a part of society that doesn`t give a s**t about anyone else and let their dogs do it for them. Unfortunatly Silsden has its fair share of thse individuals, some of which appear to think, for example, that the Green off Bradley road is one big dog toilet. This despite a clear sign that says it is a "clean up zone" and warning offenders of a hefty fine. I would ask these people(you know who you are) to have some consideration and clean up your act!
click for more information

silsdener
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2006 : 08:36:23      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

theres a lot of dog poo around hothfield school
and half of its outside our gate, also all the school kids are going to stand in it.

albatross
Website Member

Website Member

30/01/2006 : 11:06:57      reply with quote

Trouble is you will very rarely catch these people with their dogs commiting the foul deed.They must sneak out under cover of darkness to leave their dogs poo, but not on their own doorstep!

Rayli
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2006 : 20:51:31      reply with quote

There is loads of doggy poo where i live, up north street and round townhead. Some body up there has rightly taken action by informing people of where dog owners have neglected to clean up there dog's poo by drawing yellow circles round it and asking them to take it home! i am a dog owner and i have picked up and correctly disposed of every piece of excrement my dog has produced!! It really angers me that others cannot do the same, it makes all dog owners look bad.

albatross
Website Member

Website Member

06/02/2006 : 09:34:13      reply with quote

As a dog owner myself, I entirely agree Rayli. It does make us all look bad.

yorkshiretaff
Website Member

Website Member

19/02/2006 : 11:28:29      reply with quote

As a responsible owner of 2 dogs and 2 kids I have ended up putting up my own sign on my gate and installing a cheap CCTV camera to try and catch the disgusting people in the act. The problem I have found is that most of those witnessed by myself and friends are old people who either do not have their equally aged pooches on leads and ignore what they do behind them, or use long revolver leads and do the same. The other problem is confronting an older person is likely to get a resident in trouble with the police (should we ever get any).

The other problem I have experienced is watching our "community support officer" confronting a man about his dogs mess, even offering him a bag, but the man refused and was allowed to walk away. With this type of enforcement who's going to take any notice.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2006 : 20:25:21      reply with quote

The other problem I have experienced is watching our "community support officer" confronting a man about his dogs mess, even offering him a bag, but the man refused and was allowed to walk away. With this type of enforcement who's going to take any notice
You are wrong this never happened. The one and only time a bag was offered it was taken and used.

albatross
Website Member

Website Member

01/03/2006 : 12:07:16      reply with quote

I read in the Mirror recently (so it must be true??) that there is a pilot scheme being carried out on the Isle of Man of all places whereby DNA taken from dog poo can be traced back to the offending dog/owner with the resulting penalty. Of course the offender has to be witnessed in the act and reported to the police. It would be good to see it implemented here but I can`t see it somehow with the lack of police resources. Do I take it you are a CSO Grandad?

alan
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2006 : 17:28:38      reply with quote

Perhaps the police would bring in a new role as well as the PCSO, the CPSO - Community Poo Support Officer!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2006 : 22:03:34      reply with quote

This soulds as if it is a job that would be just up your street Alan.

alan
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2006 : 11:30:04      reply with quote

Sorry "grandad" I'm only good at raking and stirring it!!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2006 : 20:05:33      reply with quote

Yes Alan I have heard that about you.
sometimes things need to be well stired to get the best results.

janny
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2006 : 19:05:18      reply with quote

It isnt only the poo thats the problem - when dogs are allowed to wee on your lawn it attracts other dogs to do the same and come summer one has lovely brown patches sad :(

alan
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2006 : 19:06:55      reply with quote

That's correct "janny" obviously you are a resident of Waterside happy :)

Replies in this thread : 13

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Irresponsible Dog Ownners  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to