Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to UDP things | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > UDP things > The neglected streets of Silsden

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

wahiba
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2006 : 14:00:08      reply with quote

Does that mean I don't pay for parking my 4x4 on the pavement?

Yes. If it is a Pajero check the meaning of the word in Spanish though. Sums up people who park on pedestrian walkwayswink ;)
click for more information

alan
Website Member

Website Member

27/04/2006 : 21:41:40      reply with quote

Sorry to dissappoint you "wahiba" don't do foreign cars.

I believe in supporting this country!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/05/2006 : 16:50:56      reply with quote

What is an unadopted road? A report to Bradford's Overview and Scrutiny Committee for the Envionment defined it in a report in 2000. You can read the report here www.silsden.net/useful/docs/msoFB19.pdf

DocWells
Website Member

Website Member

31/05/2006 : 20:06:20      reply with quote

I have updated

www.thestreetsofsilsden.co.uk/

The 'spring' in Hillcrest Avenue is seriously undermining both the road and pavement opposite the Co-op and blocking the drains. Surely if parking is allowed on the road it should be on the undamaged side!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/02/2010 : 19:53:23      reply with quote

Something has been happening.... but don't hold your breath
www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/5026367.print/

ilyama
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2010 : 12:15:20      reply with quote

Lets hope so - but, and perhaps i'm being cynical, I guess the key phrase in the article is "prospective parliamentary candidate"...?

Smiffykat
Website Member

Website Member

08/06/2012 : 08:56:14      reply with quote

Spencer ave is now in a dreadful state with huge potholes.
the responsibility for it and all the other unadopted roads lies very clearly with the council , who gave planning permission for further development[ eg council estate west dene etc and hunters meadow using the unadopted roads as a public right of way.
If a road has been subject to open and unfettered use by the public for 20years - it is a public right of way. If the public can then use it without asking permission from the owners of the property on the road then the owners duty under the occupiers liability act NO LONGER APPLIES.So the house holders are not responsible for any injury to any one using the unadopted rights of way the council is.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/06/2012 : 10:47:30      reply with quote

I came across this FAQ which answers many questions about unadopted roads, what you can do and not do..........
www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/atoz/a_to_z/service.asp?u_id=1065&tab=3&siteid=5409&pageid=29027&e=e

tsengi
Website Member

Website Member

08/06/2012 : 12:58:50      reply with quote

How do we go about getting the council to repaint the T Junction signs back on the road. They've worn off, and on a number of occasions I've seen delivery vans pulling out of Spencer Avenue without looking - probably because they're not from the area and don't realise that it's a junction. See the remains of the junction paint on Google streetview goo.gl/maps/I0CO.

Replies in this thread : 44
Page : 1 2
<< prev page prev page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > UDP things > The neglected streets of Silsden  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to