Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to Have Your Say !!!! | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Dog Poo

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Dog Poo

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2009 : 10:26:28      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Reading thru' the posts, I would also like to add my thoughts on the matter. On my daily forays around the town, I am constantly infuriated at the volume of the stuff. How many have noticed where there are poo signs on posts, that there is usually a pile immediately beneath!!! It beggars belief. I have yet to catch anyone not cleaning up, but watch this space if I do. The habit of bagging and throwing it down is equally offensive, are they brain dead. The areas which are most used are as follows.(as noted on my walks) Elliott st. South view. Dradishaw. Skipton Road. Bradley Road. Areas of the Park( inside the entrances)The back Lane from Park to Duck Pond.Brunthwaite Lane.Road from Clog Bridge under Canal thru to Belton Road. Belton Road.There is a poo bin provided very kindly by the Ecology Building Society. The grass land around the bin is heaving with the stuff, and usually a bag or 2 thrown down beneath it!.

For anyone out there that thinks I am an antidog crank, think again. We have 2 dogs of our own, but yes I will admit to the crank bit.wink ;)
Bear in mind Dog Owners, It is YOUR dog, YOU feed it, therefore what comes out of the other end is YOURS also.
click for more information

Sarah
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2009 : 12:48:43      reply with quote

If you are an antidog crank then so am I. As another dog owner and dog lover, nothing is worse than coming upon either an unbagged or a bagged "surprise". We had an unpleasant surprise right in the middle of our driveway a few nights ago - and unsuspectingly managed to spread it all over the driveway! Come on people, it takes 2 minutes to bag it up and throw it away in the correct places - but took us 20 minutes to clean up!!

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2009 : 21:09:20      reply with quote

yup im a dog owner and poop bagger
sometimes i even carry it a few miles to bin it
(walking along the canal to kildwick daisy decides to poop just too far from silsden to bother walking backangry)

spud
Website Member

Website Member

14/02/2009 : 12:49:25      reply with quote

dogs can be taught to poo on command at home. judging by what i have seen on the pavements they must be feeding there dogs on crap. just takeing my dog out now and have to dodge the poo and broken bottles (1000 fine for letting your dog poo and not picking it up)

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

14/02/2009 : 14:55:46      reply with quote

Thanks for your replys. I've got a real bee in my bonnet at the present time. To SPUD, dont get me going on broken glass and litter, that's another of my pet hatesangry As for the 1000 fine, have you tried to get any sense out of the powers that be? Tried a couple of weeks ago with the Dog Warden, to no avail may I add.
We went to Ilkley this morning, and the walk along the river from the park is pretty bad also.
I'm sure it's the dark nights at fault. No one can see them failing to pick up. It's high time the problem was highlighted. In todays world with the level of technology, and the ease at which we can buy cleaning materials, why are we such a lazy bunch.
There, my moan for the day over!!!!

Billy b
Website Member

Website Member

14/02/2009 : 16:13:26      reply with quote

The park these past few weeks has become a dogs toilet,its every where.I have filled in forms and sent them to dog wardens but have never heard of any one been fined.I always pick up after mine but all this mess gives us all a bad name.It is so easy to do and the bags are next to nothing to buy,there really is no excuse.Its just plain bad manners,laziness and its disgusting so if you are one of the filthy ones reading this,clean up after your dogs!!!!!!!!

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > Have Your Say !!!! > Dog Poo  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to